[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to accurately control the speed of a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
What's the best way to accurately control the speed of a DC motor up to 4000RPM? I'm currently shopping for encoders and it seems like I'd need a very high resolution one.
>>
With a servo drive.
>>
Hall effect encoder? If you just want speed, and not position, go for Hall effect/optical, and impulses per rotation depend on what you mean by "accurately".
>>
>>1235602
OPS being a non descriptive summer tard.

>servo drives has a limited switching speed depending in the drive
>OP did not mention type or counts of encoder
>if the motor could run that speed the encoder counts would limit him potentially
>OP failed to mention alot important details because he can't communicate with humans
>OP failed
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (89KB, 1000x832px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
89KB, 1000x832px
You don't need an encoder, a simple piece of electrical tape or maybe even just black tape and an IR reflection sensor will do it. Use a PID algorithm to turn the duty cycle in a PWM up and down. I've seen this done in a spindle turning faster than 20k rpm and it works fine.
>>
>>1235549
I mean a hall effect sensor should work for this. But Id need to know more about the thing your making. Because it matters where you put the sensor, what its detecting. What modifications you are allowed to make.
Without more info, you arent going to get a specific answer.
>>
>>1235549
btw why cant you use a brushless motor?
>>
>>1235549
Youtube/HomoFaciens

Thank me later
>>
>>1235639
Ah yes, the old "off-the-shelf PID algorithm".

That should have a square on one of the /diy/ shitpost bingo cards.
>>
>>1235996
Is there one where OP starts the thread using only the power of autism?
>>
Hall-effect is the most reliable and is used in nearly all automotive applications for a reason. Optics will foul. Don't overthink it OP.
>>
>>1235549
rheostat with a big knob
>>
>>1236096
>big knob

big is vague.

pls to supply actual units for "big"?
>>
>>1235996
funny, bringing up the /diy/ bingo card is on the retard mongoloid shithead waster shitpost bingo card...
pid is pretty well defined, what do you find confusing about it?
>>
>>1236163
PIDs scripts are extremely specific to their application and there is a decent amount of calculus involved in setting one up CORRECTLY. You can use trial and error to half-ass it, I guess. But that kind of defeats the purpose. I'm not entirely convinced you know what the fuck you're talking about. Show me something you've done with one and aren't just regurgitating from a forum.
>>
>>1235549
Why encoder? Why not a tach with a readout?
>>
>>1236963
If I was so bothered about what you think about me I would send you my undergrad thesis that compared control systems for a ball on a plate.
But I'm not.
>>
>>1236089
This, hall-effect sensors have very quick response times and are good for many thousands of RPMs (depending on your rotor diameter ofcourse).
>>
>>1237167
Check out the big dick on this guy...
>>
>>1237167
Hey I'm not that guy buy that sounds interesting, would you consider letting me read it?
>>
>>1237230
hey absolutely, if you can guess what school i went to, what year i graduated, my name and are prepared to travel you can ask for it in the uni library. alternatively you can probably go to any higher educational institution library and browse the thesisieiesieses there, i personally guarantee there will be at least on every year on something vaguely similar, if not something much more interesting. although i do know some snobby schools don't allow visitors unless you fill in a form i haven't been to one that totally blocks out vagrants.
>>
>>1237245
That post was too long and it didn't seem to contain your email, so I'm guessing it was an elaborate no
>>
>>1237245

Not the guy asking but I'm into stalking, so her ya go. Are you either Tom Trapp or Wil Selby, from MIT?

>>1237339

Here are two reports I found using the google research engine that might be of interest to you

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/selbystorage/Files/SelbyTrappFInalReport.pdf

http://alumni.soe.ucsc.edu/~jbruce/CE200/Jonathan_Bruce_Masters_Thesis.pdf
>>
>>1237245

Or Jonathan Bruce ?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.