[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The concrete slab on my front porch is cracked and is leaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: concrete-porch-flooring-we.jpg (76KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
concrete-porch-flooring-we.jpg
76KB, 550x413px
The concrete slab on my front porch is cracked and is leaking water into my basement. The foundation of the porch is actually a small room in my basement, and the slab is that room's ceiling. If I were to remove the slab and install a wood deck instead, what is the proper way to prevent water from infiltrating? I was thinking galvanized roof deck, but what else would work?
>>
If you're redoing the slab that in itself should stop it....but...you need to prevent water from running along the joints between ...assuming the picture pertains to this issue....slab and brick...you can just caulk the joints and most importantly...put a vapor barrier down before you place your concrete....roll or sheet plastic is fine...no large trash bags unless you tape up the joints and any punctures.
>>
>>1233918
The ellipses make me think you're Stevie from Malcolm in the Middle
>>
>>1233918
just did this two weekends ago in sf.
we dug like...3 feet down to the footer, put on this rubber cement stuff the whole length of the side of the house, put the black liner stuff and these rocks. caulked all the stress crack on the side of the house.

we did this becasuse the last guy who worked on installing the windows properly fucked it up and did not seal it properly. this was a inlaw/garage w bath. totally fucked up, mold and shit all thought the walls has to be totally re worked
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.