[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some nice houseplants that don't require too much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 81.jpg (131KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
81.jpg
131KB, 800x600px
What are some nice houseplants that don't require too much attention? Especially don't require much direct sunlight. The larger the better too!
>>
File: spider plant.jpg (45KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
spider plant.jpg
45KB, 300x400px
spider plant needs very little light and infrequent watering.
>>
cactus plant, garlic chives
>>
>>1233716
dont get if you have cats otherwise you can put them anywhere really
>>
Cacti and moss
>>
Is there some way to grow a miniature palm tree. I heard before that trees will only grow as large as the roots allow. Could i put a palm in a lowes bucket and keep it inside? Since the leaves are so small and few I'd be inclined to believe it doesnt need to absorb much light.
>>
>>1233746
It'll break the pot eventually. You'll have to line the inside with metal and at that point you run the risk of poisoning the tree.
>>
>>1233714

mold, mushrooms, algae
>>
>>1233746
>metal
>poison
It's not the 60s, we're not using lead
>>
>>1233756
Meant to tag >>1233752
>>
>>1233756
>being this dense
You can't use brass, tin, or any other derivatives containing copper or aluminum - both metals are toxic to plants. There's probably more but that's what a quick Googling dug up.
>>
File: 28.jpg (110KB, 755x755px) Image search: [Google]
28.jpg
110KB, 755x755px
>>1233716

This is what I was looking for. Danke.

>>1233737

Any specific type of cacti?
>>
>>1233855
>lead
>dense
You don't fucking say
>>
>>1233902
this fuckin guy
>>
>>1233714
air plants
>>
>>1233880
San Pedro. One of the fastest and easyest growing cacti that requires little attention.

Protip: You can eat the cacti and hallucinate for 6 to 12 hours. and growing San Pedro is not ilegal unless you grow hundreds of them.
>>
>>1233714
Peace lily, spider plants, Norfolk island pine
>>
>>1233714
You might also want to check the NASA list of plants that also clean the air. These are suited for space stations with all the constraints that bring.
>>
Sansevieria trifasciata (Snake plant)
Or any succulent plants. You cannot fuck it up unless you over watered them.
Jade plant or friendship tree. I don't know how you call it, but it's sturdy and easy to maintain
>>
>>1233714
Spider plants is the best option for you. However, funny enough, plants tends to attract spiders, so keep your place very clean once you get it to avoid any problems with bugs.
>>
>>1234037
Lucky for OP, the spider plant and peace lily are part of that list.

http://www.hgtv.ca/gardening/photos/nasa-lists-14-indoor-plants-that-will-detox-your-home-1051362/#
>>
>>1233714
Cast iron plant.
>>
>>1234071
for your info that plant pictured needs a soil swap/more water, they tend to produce offspring on their extremities when they don't get enough soil/water. Then they parasite through their connected offspring.
>>
>>1233855
>Not plating the insides of your metal pots with gold
Freakin plebs
>>
>>1233714
basil, cilantro, and rosemary.
>>
>>1233714
Philodendrons are amazing too. I have Philos all around the living room and kitchen/dining room and bedroom. I started stringing up the vines on the wall around the ceiling 12 years ago and its like a god damn canopy now.
>>
green onions are very easy to grow and you can just snip the stalks off to cook with too

they also look nice, like extra large grass
>>
>>1233746

You could simply get a parlor Palm. They grow slow and stay small.
>>
>>1233714
Anubias are cool little terrarium plants. I mostly have them in my aquariums but I set up four in a terrarium over 2 months ago and haven't had to do anything to them since, they're related to peace lilies.
>>
File: aspidistra-cast-iron-01312016.jpg (96KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
aspidistra-cast-iron-01312016.jpg
96KB, 1200x630px
Cast Iron plant
Aspidistra elatior

Not called cast iron for nothng
>>
Parlour palm
Chamaedora elegans
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.