[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have a 5" Sony PVM monitor on my desk that I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Sony 5inch PVM.jpg (16KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Sony 5inch PVM.jpg
16KB, 500x375px
So I have a 5" Sony PVM monitor on my desk that I don't have much use for. (I use a 14" Sony PVM for retro gaming) (x-post from /g/)

It sits on my desk about 2ft from me, anything cool I could use it for?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhoqS5sP0P4
>>
also this: Oscilloscope From an Old Television
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAzQsl3gKMY
>>
>>1231569
If you're ausfag, I'll buy it.
>>
>x-post
Fuck off reddit. Idgaf a fuck where you came from or what you do but keep your terms to yourself
>>
>>1231606
Settle down Spaz....
>>
>>1231598
This is the kind of shit I'm looking for!

>>1231604
Hell nah. USAfag but I just bought it for $40 w/ shipping, so I'll be holding onto it for awhile. (Guy thought it was broken who I bought it from, hehe)

>>1231606
I've seen people use that term here as well, fuck reddit.
>>
>>1231606
That term existed long before Reddit did you stupid whiny newfaggot
>>
>>1231606
That term's been around since TOTSE.
>>
>>1231606
dumb nigger
>>
>>1231865

I don't know what TOTSE is but cross posting used to actually have a meaning on USENET. On reddit and 4chan it's more like multi-posting; you post the same shit on multiple boards.

On USENET it was cool because a thread that started in one group could easily be spread to one or more other groups by putting more in the header or whatever it was called. For example, someone in alt.new.jersey.fags could be bitching about country music and you reply but slip in alt.rednecks.from.hell and then sit back and laugh yourself silly. The same thread would exist in all the groups as long as no once trimmed their list, but as soon as they did you could put them back in.

It actually made sense, unlike the multi-posting shit that goes on today.
>>
>>1231569
>crosspost from /g/
Do you really need to say that.
>>
>>1231569
you could sell it to me for a fair price
>>
>>1232011
No way, I love the little thing. Gunna make it my desktop retro gaming station since I have an extra SNES and Genesis.

But since these are PVMs that are designed to be on for a long long time, I was hoping their'd be something cool I could have on display at all times or something.
>>
>>1231569
what is a 'fair price' for these (in your opinions) anyway? Could lay hands of a pile of these, Yurope, but, they heavier than they look, also not fond of being bashed about in the post. The 5"s are cute, but, kind of limited in actual use - were fine as camera/rack feed monitors, as they mostly were, but otherwise, shape makes the viewing angle awkward. Hanging on the wall is a non-starter, dangle from the ceiling maybe. And they really are fuck heavy, the cunts.
>>
>>1232087
As far as the 5"ers go, I'm not sure what a fair price would be. I've seen most 14"ers go for $200-$300. The 5"ers seem to be going for around $100 with shipping. This is what I've seen in the past few weeks.

These PVMs are only going to become more valuable with the boom of retro gaming and dwindling supply of PVMs.

But you're right, the 5"ers are pretty much a novelty. I think if you could pick them up for $20 or so you could make some decent money selling them if that's what you're after.

But that's just my opinion. Do your own research for sure.
>>
File: 55-50069-crt_1-1373522285.jpg (23KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
55-50069-crt_1-1373522285.jpg
23KB, 600x337px
>>1231569
"Unpopular opinion", but deep in your rational mind, you know its the best idea.

Sell it.

reasoning:

5" is way to small for anything useful, other than a legacy set.

With that money, AND if you are on CRT's displays, you could get a better Highres scan VGA compatible Sony Trinitron/Wega display. (Example: Sony BVM-20F1U)

If all you want to do is to have an extra monitor, just get one for the money you will get for selling that Sony PVM.

I know this sounds like the less fun of any possible ideas you could go with that thing, but its the most rational thing to do.
>>
>>1232420
I have a 14" m2u that I retro game on, so no need to get a better CRT.

I don't really want to sell it, it's adorable.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.