[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know if this is the correct board to post this,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 027.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
027.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I don't know if this is the correct board to post this, sorry if it isn't.
My washing machine broke and flooded my wooden floor. I don't know how much time the floor was under water (a couple of hours?). While I managed to dry the floor, the space between each wooden plank is still humid, and whatever is in that space them is coming out (see pic).

Is there anything I can do to decrease the chances of the floor to swell? How worried should I be about the black thing in the pic? Is my floor doomed? Wooden floors are expensive as fuck and I don't have the money.
>>
>wood floors in utility room

bruh...

(Shit's fucked, sorry)
>>
>>1231500
It's a livingroom.
>>
>>1231470
Just dry it out the best you can: mop, shopvac, blowers, ventilation.
Go crazy on drying it out. In the end, you'll have less to repair.
>>
>>1231513
This. For wood floors I don't know how stupid it is, but I'd throw down dry rice. Maybe baking soda.

If you're renting and it was their washing machine that broke, the best thing to do might be to call them. If it's yours, just minimize the damage/ugly factor and later if you're /diy/ repair. Otherwise, the floor still works, it'll just be ugly.
>>
Coat in lighter fluid and light on fire for 3 minutes
Put out flames and re-sand floor
>>
dehumidifier and fan
>>
>>1231513
>>1231516
That's what I'm doing. I already threw dry rice. I'm using a hair drier too. Some anon on /b/ recommended flour too.
Is there any chance it won't swell?
>>
Bump.
Floor has been heated (relatively), riced and floured. No swelling so far, I don't know when I should expect to see the damage.

If anyone has any further advice I'll read it tomorrow.
>>
>>1231577
If it hasn't swelled yet it should be fine. If the mosture is gone how can it swell after the fact?

That doesn't mean it hasn't degraded from the exposure, but you should be fine. Quick and complete drying of the mess is sufficient to avoid problems. Good job.
>>
I would put a dehumidifier in there, just to help avoid molding from any leftover moisture
>>
>>1231528
Had a pipe go boom in my wall, soaked my floor. Between a dehumidifier and a rented air mover, it's fine, just the tiniest bit discolored. Keep it dry and you should be good.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.