[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm as dumb as a brick so forgive the stupid question;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: DSCN1892.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1892.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I'm as dumb as a brick so forgive the stupid question;

Are any of these resistors 100k or 200k or anything close to those?
>>
Just check each stack with multimeter or see if any have the 100k colorcode
>>
>>1231255

marry me
>>
File: Screenshot_20170821-161905.png (557KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170821-161905.png
557KB, 1080x1920px
>>1231255
>>
Not op but what's the difference in resistor color, not the bands. And what's a good way of knowing which direction to read from.
>>
>>1231273

the color of the body means nothing.

the better sites explain how to read one; the main thing is that they usually have a tolerance band which tells you the direction to read the bands:

https://www.digikey.com/en/resources/conversion-calculators/conversion-calculator-resistor-color-code-4-band
>>
File: index.png (4KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
4KB, 227x222px
>>1231273
>And what's a good way of knowing which direction to read from.

sometimes it's not obvious, but the tolerance band is separated from the other bands by a bit more spacing.
>>
>>1231255
post a better picture that isn't complete dogshit, decent size without flash but well lit to read the colours. someone might help you then

you are looking for brown-black-black-orange-brown or brown-black-yellow-gold for 100k, red-red-black-orange-brown or red-red-yellow-gold for 220k (closest e12 to 200?)

you can also of course create a network of paralel/series to achieve any value, or get a potentiometer.
bear in mind the power rating!
>>
>>1231273
Wire vs carbon, iirc blue is wire.
>>
>>1231277
Thanks, I guess I could always just check it with a meter and see which way works out, but knowing the space is noticeable that helps.
>>
>>1231255

Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly
>>
>>1232519

bad beer rots our young guts but vodka goes well you sexist pigdog
>>
>>1231258
wait

where is the semen
>>
>>1232519
That's still the one I remember. Although, it doesn't help remember black vs brown. So Black boys would be more helpful.
>>
>>1231255
Your keyboard is disgusting.

A thread died for this.
>>
>>1231277
Color of the body signifies the material. That being said, I don't think OP has to worry about that right now.
>>
Just google the online calculators, they allow you to either fill in a number or select the color.

A pro tip would be to write the resistance at the top brown "tape" so you won't have to google it again in the future!
>>
>>1231255
You're not dumb, you're lazy

use google
>>
>>1232536
I'm digging this cause it's the ultra pc version.

>>1232605
I know, but it's just not pc enough for certain work environments.

Gotta watch what you say where you say it sometimes.
>>
>>1231255
jesus christ. that keyboard...
>>
>>1233135
>bush
Looks like he's been rubbing his bush on it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.