[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it okay to ask an arbor to leave a chunk of a trunk when they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: tree.jpg (585KB, 986x653px) Image search: [Google]
tree.jpg
585KB, 986x653px
is it okay to ask an arbor to leave a chunk of a trunk when they remove a tree? I'm talking a 2.5 foot clean cut of the widest part as a chair/seat. Its probably a 3 foot trunk
>>
>>1229584
Why not ask them to leave the whole thing?
They're just going to turn it into mulch anyways. Save them the work and get yourself more wood.
>>
why would i pay someone to remove a tree and leave it? my neighbor wants the chunk not me.
>>
>>1229584
They won't care. One less heavy as fuck thing to move.
>>
>>1229599
would horizontal marking with spraypaint to indicate size be too much?
>>
>>1229603
are you paying them, or are they paying you?
>>
>>1229612
hah ok
>>
>>1229584
My neighbor makes those chainsaw statues.

He's buddies with all the arborists around town and they give a heads up when they have a good specimen and he drives off to go pick it up.

The other anon is right, ones less thing for them to lift and deal with. Just talk to them in advance and be friendly and as long as your special request won't interfere with their workflow they'll more than likely be happy to oblige.
>>
>>1229584
>pay people to remove a tree
>they take tree and sell it for lumber
>pay people to come and plant a tree

That's as bad as city water and sewer payments.

>pay to buy water
>pay to flush water
>water has medication in it
>>
>>1229702
>That's as bad as city water and sewer payments.
>>pay to buy water
>>pay to flush water
>>water has medication in it

are you from /pol/? we live in a grownup world here.

safe drinking water for thousands if not millions of people is not easy to come by. visit a populated region where water is not treated and drink some tap water and enjoy having the trots for your entire visit.

treating sewage so that everything stays nice is not a simple task. again, visit some place where the "city" does not handle waste treatment.

and as for fluoridation, you can take your precious bodily fluids with you when you move to a more desirable nation.
>>
>>1229707
go to /int/
http://desuarchive.org/int/thread/78163795/#q78178263

plenty of scandis are lucky enough that they can pipe their water into the city from hundreds of miles up north where there is literally no one and no chemicals to leach into the water.

Honestly, that guy should just have a water filter at the tap.
>>
File: goodcommie.jpg (59KB, 438x639px) Image search: [Google]
goodcommie.jpg
59KB, 438x639px
>>1229707
kys
>>
>>1229702

>>pay people to remove a tree

Well if you expect someone to work that hard for free then you gotta be kidding yourself

>>they take tree and sell it for lumber

Only if it's worthy of being used of lumber. It's amazing how many people think their gnarled, twisted and half rotten anything with no straight section longer than 2 feet is worth any sort of money. Also those contacts aren't easy to come by and the cost of felling and delivery generally outweigh the sold log unless it is very good specimen. Even when they turn it into wood chips there is no real value in wood chips when you are the source.

>>pay people to come and plant a tree

Again another cost. Establishing the business, sourcing the mother, propagating, tending to the plant, taxes, admin, advertising, equipment, beauracracy, staff, overheads, if you want things for free you have to do it yourself. Even then it technically costs you because it costs time and energy. As you stroke a key to complain on a Canadian masonry forum it costs you some of energy of that monster drink you just consumed, which hopefully your mother didn't pay for.
>>
>>1229710

>no chemicals to leach into the water.

What do they use to pipe the water? Glass?
>>
>>1229702
holy shit you're retarded.... do you realize how much goes into water treatment ?
>>
>>1229835
Rock and concrete.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A4ij%C3%A4nne_Water_Tunnel
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.