[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought one oficina this lately but i don't know how to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170816_213636.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170816_213636.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
Bought one oficina this lately but i don't know how to make It work

Any anon willing to help please?
>>
File: IMG_20170816_213847.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170816_213847.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
More pics
>>
File: IMG_20170816_213833.jpg (1MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170816_213833.jpg
1MB, 4160x3120px
>>
>>1228763
oficina = one of this

fucking autocorrect
>>
Provide more details about the issue. Nobody can read your mind over the internet. Does the raspberry powers on? Did you install OS on sdcard? Did you run required programs to make LCD module work? Provide more details otherwise no one will be able to help you.
>>
>>1228774
>raspberry pi runs perfect
>installed os in the sdcard

what programs do i need to make the lcd module work?
>>
>>1228774
>>1228776

btw

already tried various python scripts that don't work (l2c.py/Adafruit_CharLCD/RPLCD)

ran sudo l2c detect -y 1 and the lcd screen was detected
>>
>>1228780
self bump
>>
>>1228776
Getting LCD to work is not simple 5 min task. Firstly, if you're not already familiar with how to operate GPIO pins learn this first. Flash a LED using programming language of choice, python is a great choice if you don't know any other language yet. Then read about I2C, smbus python library and learn how to use that. Once familiar with I2C read documentation of your module, where you should find descriptions of registers to which you can read or write data via I2C. Alternatively if there is library that abstracts this away already available use that instead. This is not an easy task for a beginner, start with provided documentation if it exists, otherwise you will have to do it the hard way and find/write your own library which will take a while.

>>1228780
Were there any error messages, debugging information?
>>
>>1228788
got it to light up runing sudo i2cset -y 1 0x20 0x14 0x01

still in need for help of how to configure it
>>
>>1228763

HI, I HAVE THIS FAGGOT MINI COMPUTER AND SOME DISPLAY, HOW DO I MAKE IT WORK? IM A FUCKING IDIOT WHO BUYS SHIT AND HAS NO CLUE HOW TO USE IT. PLEASE RAPE MY FAMILY AND BURN HOUSE DOWN. THANKS
>>
>>1228865
This is me tho but I actually do it myself
>>
>>1228763
what do you want it to display?
>>
That's nothing, try getting a TFT to work without any knowledge.
>>
>>1228865
evryone's a newfag at one point, anon. even you
>>
why is that hat commandeering all the GPIOs?
it clearly says it uses I2C interface, it should only need 4 pins
>>
>>1229756
>it clearly says it uses I2C interface, it should only need 4 pins

I2C only needs 2 GPIO
>>
>>1229760
wouldn't it need 2 data?
2 for power/ground?
>>
>>1229762
>2 for power/ground?

I tend to not refer to those as GPIO which means general purpose input output as compared to power and ground which are seldom used as I/O, at least not intentionally.
>>
>>1229622

no, no I wasnt a newfag because I read the sticky and numerous threads beforehand. this shit OP posted is not DIY its "how to I turn it on" type of shit. fuck OP and fuck you
>>
Read the data sheet
>>
>>1229901
You still sound like a newfag.
>>1229622
Buying shit and not knowing what to do with it or even the basics of how it works is the hallmark of a retard.

In the first place, OP already outed himself as a massive newfag and retard because his question is "please read my mind and hold my hand" tier.
/diy/ does not stand for "surrogate father", /diy/ helps you help yourself.
>>
I think it's a valid question if someone here has done the exact same thing before, which is actually quite possible if he waits around for a bit. But in this case if there isn't a tutorial at OP's level of ignorance that someone can point him to, the problem isn't going to be resolved without a high level of hand-holding, which /diy/ isn't very suited to, let alone friendly to.

I had a similar problem a year ago (>>1229376) but didn't ask about it here because I'd already failed on Adafruit's tutorial and felt the project I was attempting (touch screen portable SDR radio) was unlikely to have been attempted by anyone else here. If anybody here has tried it (using the Freq Show software on their 2.8" TFT), I'd love to hear from you, but I don't really have a monitor and keyboard I can use the thing with at the moment.
>>
if the libraries don't work write your own, your lcd seems to be KS0066 compatible, which means it's not to hard to control especially if you have an i2c library to use.
I would however recommend to get some simpler i2c device first, like an IO-extender, because with that you can get familiar with using i2c. That helps when developing the lcd library, because you don't have to worry about having done something wrong with i2c.
I have implemented a little file to control a KS0066 lcd myself using an attiny, it didn't take too long
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.