[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/, I've been meaning to make something like pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 022412_mantable_2.jpg (71KB, 600x361px) Image search: [Google]
022412_mantable_2.jpg
71KB, 600x361px
Hey /diy/, I've been meaning to make something like pic related but I'm not too sure where to start or how much it'll be since it's my first project. I don't have any tools but I'm sure that my local hardware store allows for renting them out. I already have the mini-fridge and a cheap cabinet from ikea to put it in. I'm looking forward to your advice!
>>
mostly just wanna make this because I think it's cool.

looking up stuff on google didn't really net me any results either :/
>>
Take the fridge put it in the cabinet and done?

What exactly do you need help with? Do you have measurements from the inside of the cabinet and the outside of the fridge?
>>
>>1228651
1. Remove door hinges
2. Place on bottom of door
3. Fasten drawer faces to fridge door
4. Shot of black
>>
>>1228737
depth is 18.5 inches and the interior height is 23 inches. width is 22. The mini-fridge is around 19 inch long, 18 inches high, and 17 inches wide.

I guess since this is my first time trying stuff like this, I'm not too sure where to start.

I forgot to mention in the original post that the cabinet that I bought is just a stuva frame so there's no front on it. Should I go to a thrift store and try for another cabinet since the depth doesn't exactly match up?

>>1228762
For 3, how would I fasten it? Should I drill the corners of the mini-fridge door to the drawer faces I need to source? On the bottom of the drawer face, what kind of hinge do I need to buy?
>>
>>1228790
Let me be honest, the bottom swinging door is dumb as hell. The shelves on the door are now useless, you can't fully open the door, and the gasket was made for a horizontal swing door.

Take this same idea and mount the door properly, your job just got 10x easier and the shit actually seals.

If this fridge has a compressor you will need to make sure the back is very well vented.
>>
Simply do it yourself.
>>
>>1228848
Cool, so no hinge is needed! I just need to attach the drawer faces with a drill and screw and cut the cabinet down to size to make it a proper fit, right?

I'm guessing I'll have to cut out a piece of the back then for ventilation too since it does have a compressor. In any case, thank you so much! I'll definitely post results when it's done!

>>1228852
Duly noted, friend.
>>
>>1228856
ah dang, a hinge actually would be needed to open it horizontally. Reading comprehension, amirite? Once again, thank you!
>>
this is a little harder than it looks. agree about the horizontal door. but you'll also have two doors with two hinges now, on different axes. you can't just bolt the handles together because the mechanism will bind.

also, you need to find out where the fridge dumps its heat. a lot of modern ones dump the heat out on the sides and top with no visible coils or fan. so there has to be a gap around the sides for the thing to breathe. while some may just have a fan and you can feel it blow the heat out the bottom.
>>
>>1228874
Would a half inch gap all around be good then? What about using two long L brackets at the bottom to keep the fridge in place? I also noticed that the gasket covers the back of my fridge door all the way to a teeny corner. Would it be advisable to use some kind of glue instead of screwing it on? If so, what kind of glue should I get?
>>
>>1228888
holy, that's the first time I got quads
>>
>>1228651
Make sure the back of the cabinet is open so the compressor can get airflow for cooling. An overheating compressor will be a dead fridge in short order.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.