[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/ I want to change the colour of blue parts of the pictured

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170816_104021.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170816_104021.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
Hey /diy/

I want to change the colour of blue parts of the pictured radio. I really like the radio, the features and aesthetics are great, but the blue doesn't match the interior. Looks kind of like a piece of thick clear plastic just glued on top of another piece of plastic, with the colour sandwhiched in between.

How would I go about doing this? Is it even possible? I'm guessing I would have to heat the piece up to soften the adhesive, then pry apart and repaint, but I'm really not too sure.
>>
File: IMG_20170816_104113.jpg (3MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170816_104113.jpg
3MB, 2988x5312px
>>
>>1228517
Youll ruin it trying to take it off
>>
I think if your down for it you should be prepared for it to be ruined in the event it all goes wrong
Which from just plastic manufacturing companies is concerned
It's gonna go wrong but if you are okay with that go ahead dawg
Probs just adhesive pressed on and would probs take off with heat
>>
Find out what the adhesive on it is and use a proper solvent to get rid of it.
Problem solved and your plastic is safe.
>PS check the company specifications for it and you'll see the adhesive used on all components.
>>
>>1228517
You should consider changing your pants.
>>
>>1228542
Figured as much. Probs not worth ruining it then.

>>1228592
Maybe one day
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.