[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hullo /diy/, I got an interview for an apprentice plumber position

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1499850134190.jpg (98KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
1499850134190.jpg
98KB, 640x625px
Hullo /diy/, I got an interview for an apprentice plumber position and it's tomorrow.

I just turned 20, never done plumbing, and have been custodial for the past year and a half.

Could you please give me some advice on how to ace the interview?

It's a private company, what should I expect from working there?
>>
>Could you please give me some advice on how to ace the interview?
Be confident, but don't lie about your skills and abilities. Show that you have least have some working knowledge of plumbing (just google some shit, especially basic home repairs), have a bright and positive attitude, even when revealing your shortcomings of having 0 working experience, and a willingness and interest to learn. If you're handy around the house, use that as a perk; tell them you do a lot of /diy/ stuff and generally learn by watching youtube vids and having it work. Give examples so they know your skill level.

>It's a private company, what should I expect from working there?
Working long hours for fast food pay, crappy work environment, and being a gopher so the real plumber can do the work. You'll be carrying the tools, shutting up, and paying attention mostly.
>>
>>1227879
>You'll be carrying the tools, shutting up, and paying attention mostly
Also digging trenches.
>>
>>1227886
don't forget mopping the floor.
>>
>>1227875
Best advice i can give is to actually listen to what they are saying and show an eagerness to learn. Let them know you will say "yes" to whatever is asked of you. These trades have to pour through dozens of entitled millennials to find people willing to put their head down and work. Let them know you are that guy without disparaging anyone else.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.