[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAB vTWSxOes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault[4].jpg (381KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[4].jpg
381KB, 1920x1080px
So this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pABvTWSxOes

He says you could use a printed piece of cotton to decorate the outside and make it a picture frame.

But I can't seen to find a website that sells these.

A lot of them sell those thick cotton canvases for painting which would probably reflect sound just like the wall.

Any ideas? I'd really like to make a picture frame absorption panel.
>>
>>1227081
That videos cropped up on here a few times - it is, at best, sketchy. You can make panels for sound deflection, what you probably want however is absorption - this really only functions with material mass, rockwool, etc. Thin cotton in a frame, YMMV - tldr, its How To Make Money On YouTube Contradicting Physics.
>>
>>1227085
Honestly I wasn't gonna bother with the towels anyway, I was gonna buy the wedge shaped stuff on Amazon and put the frame over it.
>>
>>1227096
Probably should have put that in the OP.
>>
>>1227081
You can get patterned fabric from fleabay easily, almost any pattern you can think of, you can go full grandma and have very flowery patterns or go pokemon.

>>1227085
Towels when stacked is quite heavy and is excellent sound muffling material, try stuff your mouth with a towel and yell as loud as you can.
>>
>>1227101
>You can get patterned fabric from fleabay easily, almost any pattern you can think of, you can go full grandma and have very flowery patterns or go pokemon.
I don't want patterns I want a printed picture.
>>
If you're looking to reproduce a simple illustration, you could try screen printing. A photograph can be done thru your local professional photographer, the nearest Walmart or Target, or even thru an online provider.
>>
>>1227119
I'd really like a full on print, not just a simple illustration.
>>
>>1227113
You could always hook up with a wall scroll.
>>
>>1227593
But at this point you might as well go with a body pillow cover.
>>
>>1227593
That actually may work, just cut the fabric off and stretch over.
>>
File: Panel1.jpg (68KB, 554x843px) Image search: [Google]
Panel1.jpg
68KB, 554x843px
>>1227081

I made these a few years ago.
>>
File: Panel2.jpg (87KB, 549x897px) Image search: [Google]
Panel2.jpg
87KB, 549x897px
>>1227081
>>1227895

I left the back uncovered because they were originally hanging on the wall. I lost my practice space though, so now I use them as mobile baffles/partitions. Might cover the backs with peg board or something, eventually.
>>
>>1227895
Nice.
>>
>>1227895
>>1227897
Enjoying breathing those particles? :^)
>>
File: 1490226469596.jpg (8KB, 240x245px) Image search: [Google]
1490226469596.jpg
8KB, 240x245px
>>1227081

So would towels work to make soundproof curtains?
>>
>>1230065
No, you need at least several of them stacked to work, just like in the video
>>
So I have been living in my apartment with my girlfriend for 2 years but this month we got a new neighbor and they say we are too loud (we live near a college so we have had like 3 different people in that unit over the two years who have not complained). The landlord has talked to us about being more quite and the neighbor bangs on our wall if she thinks we are being loud.

I know these panels are supposed to stop sound reflection inside a room but would they work the help decrease the sound between walls? I am willing to fill my whole wall with them because right now my girlfriend wants to go to war with my neighbor over the whole thing.

Is there a backing material I might use to increase the sound blocking potential? The main problem is we are in an apartment so I can't have anything permanent. We got a sound bar and placed it behind our couch and muted the tv so the volume can be a lot lower but still us laughing may be enough for the new neighbor to bang on our wall. Any other solutions?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.