[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did he do it? https://www.yahoo.com/news/drone-en thusiast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

Did he do it?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/drone-enthusiast-avoids-detection-lands-081557747.html
>>
>>1226442
Hoooleeeey shit. That's fucking great.

Prolly not our guy, but fuck me if this idiot did not just end "unregulated" drone sports as we know it. Shit is going to be crazy locked down if dickheads like this guy keep pulling crap like that (and you know there's going to be plenty of dudes now attempting the same)

RIP hobby drones.
>>
>>1226443
Should we also touch base on the farce that is global military? How am I to believe the military has future tech, and can deflect ICBM if they, radar and human eyes, don't see this hobby drone landing on the deck?
>>
drones come 'within feet' of planes landing and taking off in scotland pretty much every week.
i wouldn't have a problem with drones except it seems every single person that has one is a retarded fuckwit. i guess you don't hear the stories about good drone users, either because there aren't any or because its not noteworthy as a completely useless hobby.

if thats the new carrier then its still going through trials to make sure its working properly, i don't think its properly ready yet.
>>
>>1226471
Let's ask the guy who landed on the ship if it looks done
>>
>>1226471
It's not due for service till 2020. There is a good chance it doesn't even have it's radar calibrated yet.
>>
>Idiot lands drone on the fucking HMS Queen Elizabeth
>Private drone ownership in the UK as we know it comes to a complete halt

Wow, thanks you stupid fucking cunt.
>>
>>1226442
He did it by approaching and hiding behind
>a fucking ramp
>>
I live beside the local police station and some person keeps flying his drone around it and in the front door into the lobby to annoy them lel
>>
>scotland
when the airgun rules came in they should have left an exemption for shooting down drones
>>
>>1226639
When those airgun regulations came in you all should have burned that joke of a Parliament building you have.
>>
>>1226640
Too late. There are rules against that too.
>>
>>1226640
scottish parliament?
don't fucking suggest it, literally burn millions of pounds on a retarded idea that helps nobody? snp would bite your hand off. surprised they haven't already, too busy with the trams.
>>
>>1226640
Some pikey cunt with an air gun shot at a beautiful Stag a few times.

Stag died of infection from the wounds.

People prove they cannot be trusted and laws are needed to control stupid.
>>
>>1226772
lets all live by the fucking lowest common denominator then. right, everyone into your padded cell please, can;t allow anything anyone has ever fucked up so that means literally everything.

you are dumb idiot.

guy should have just been put down.
>>
>>1226672
I'm not Scottish so I actually have the freedom to speech to make that joke and not go to jail for it.

For real that building is fucking hideous though, what the fuck were they thinking.

>>1226772
So instead of punishing only the guy who did that the government punished everyone? Were there not anti-poaching laws or hunting without a license laws they could have nailed him with instead?

You have a pretty fucked definition of "need" from my point of view. I can only hope I die an old and happy man before that kind of bullshit thinking makes its way over here and into law too much.
>>
>>1226789
the building was three years late and 10x over budget. it cost 10 times as much to build as they costed for.
it costs like 70 million pounds a year to run.

we pay 130 people an embarrassing amount of money to do absolutely nothing but complain about the english.

the architecture is the least disgusting thing about the whole affair.
>>
>>1226463
All of the wizzbang gear on that ship is designed to deal with stuff that's much bigger (ever saw a modern jet fighter? Those things are HUGE), it get's increasingly difficult to spot something this small.
Also, a small drone like this doesn't really pose a threat to the ship, it can't carry a lot of cargo so anything short of a chemical or biological weapon (if you have that, you can do far more damage in a city) is just annoying rather then dangerous.
>>
a couple of points.

1: the carrier is technically not a military vessel. It is currently owned by the builders, the Aircraft Carrier Alliance.
The armament will only be fitted once she is accepted by the Ministry of Defence and fully commissioned into the Royal Navy. As such, the aircraft carrier currently flies the Blue Ensign, as worn by non-commissioned ships on government business.

2: This incident took place at Invergordon, a civilian deep-water port. It was not in a military base at that time. There are no restrictions on airspace around Invergordon (and the same drones are often flown in the area - the Cromarty firth has a lot of tourist cruise ships, and marine wildlife popular with drone filming.)

3: the drone was spotted by police boats around it. They even waved to the camera.

4: it is not illegal to film: It was 100% legal for the pilot to take off from the other side of the firth, fly the 400m over water toward the carrier, be waved at by the police boats as he went, then fly up and down alongside it, taking footage. Absolutely nothing illegal in that.

Where it does become illegal is that he flew within 50m of the ship, which is another vessel under a different command without permission (the technical criteria under law), for about 1 minute. During that time, the drone had a "high wind speed" warning and made an automatic touchdown on the deck.

When the drone pilot approached the port to report what had happened, the ship itself was apparently deserted: "A ghost ship" being his description. Its a pretty good bet that you could also land a drone on the Gerald Ford, Admiral Kuznetsov, or the Liaoning while they were uncrewed too.
>>
>>1227602
>Admiral Kuznetsov
No one should do that. The smoke is bad for the drone electronics.
>>
I clicked this post, read it, then realized why the fuck am I in /diy/ instead of /k/.
>>
>we need harsher punishment for flying into the airspace
I hate these people. Their aim is to avoid embarrassment. A fucking terrorist won't care about your laws regarding airspace if you aim to drone bomb the carrier. Or whatever. I find the scenario implausible.
>>1226471
You don't hear much from people who are doing other hobbies either. There's lots of fear mongering about drones though.
>>
>>1227594
>anything short of a chemical or biological
Oh, nigger, just land some thermite in the wrong place and you can create a very interesting day for a lot of people.

>>1228324
The world government is scared about people having precision weapons of the sort that formerly were exclusive to them, and cheap too. The whole concept of a privileged ruling class starts to fade when """leaders""" who deserve to be assassinated can be assassinated for under a million bucks.
>>
>>1228354
I see your point but it's not all positive with drones as assassination tools. When an assassination is cheap and safe enough you might have people overreact over decisions that are being made because they're operating at scale. It'd delay government action significantly and it's a threat to democracy.

And its not like only civvies can assassinate using drones. Political adversaries can do that too.

Government needs to be made more distributed for it to be safe for everyone.
>>
>>1228621
>democracy
There is no democracy, you cuck. There is an oligarchy with a rhetoric contest that said oligarchy has decided to intentionally label with a fraudulent term.
>Government needs to be made more distributed for it to be safe for everyone.
Yes, and that means all the people are the government. None of this aristocracy fraud. It's easier to lobby your neighbors than a bought polbot.
>>
>>1228824
>there's no democracy
Not in the US maybe.
>anarchism
Whatever. This isn't /pol/ anyway.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.