[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The worst trimmer head I've ever used in my life. Anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
The worst trimmer head I've ever used in my life. Anyone else struggling with this piece of junk?
>>
>>1226076
Go buy a new bump feeding one? They are only like $20, and yeah, I couldn't imagine having to turn it off to feed a string in manually every time.
>>
>using anything but a fed trimmer line.

I'm not a fan of auto feed lines or bump feed lines. Prefer my dad's model which feeds from the handle when a lever is hit (easily with the hand on the handle.). I have an auto feed simply because it is the cheapest model at home depot and I only need to use it once a year.
>>
>>1226076
yeah those are fucking garbage. the string lasts about 5 seconds and good fucking luck changing the string when the holes get packed full of shit. i ended up with 7 stitches fucking with one of those cock suckers
>>
>>1226076
is that a troy bilt?

i assumed they all had the same attachment style when i tried to move a bump head from a two stroke ryobi to a 4 stroke troy bilt. of course they're different. fuckers.

so i can have a reliable starting 4 stroke that i have to replace the string every 5 minutes, or i can have a wishy washy 2 stroke with a bump head
>>
>>1226076
Ah the ones with pull through replacement strings. Those suck. Try looking for a larger diameter string. I retrofitted my cheap ass bump-n-go with a larger string. Drilled out the fittings. Works much better and is a shit ton cheaper.
by the way.. I did help a friend install a stainless cable into his trimmer. He uses it on the farm so it gets a lot of abuse. Over a year and works fine. Just don't trim up against trees.
>>
>>1226185
By the way, that's just a ferrule clamped on a section of cable. The ferrule keeps it from sliding out. We tried a solid wire but they tend to bend. Used a bit of coathanger aktually
The only issue was the cable unwinding.. but it seemed to go just so far and stop. I would not suggest a ferrule on the end tho.
>>
File: SRM-225_nocallouts[1].jpg (57KB, 689x299px) Image search: [Google]
SRM-225_nocallouts[1].jpg
57KB, 689x299px
>>1226076

When your trimmer dies from E10 gas, invest in an echo and some black diamond trimmer line and you will never, ever have a problem again.
>>
the husqvarna 128ldx is probably the best trimmer you can get for a reasonable price. stihl are good too but the husq is just commercial grade even is advertised as pro-sumer.
>>
I put a piece of coat hanger wire into one of those and it's been working for nearly a year now without replacement.
>>
>>1226577
I'd build shit with you bro
>>
File: 1501781615960.jpg (143KB, 500x653px) Image search: [Google]
1501781615960.jpg
143KB, 500x653px
>>1226577
would that be legal here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXRGB-Kp9Kw
>>
>>1226076
Get a stihl fs400, 3.5ml cord. Stop moaning and never look back. Vegetation won't grow back in fear of a fs400
>>
>>1226076
>no.

Never string again.

3 blades.
>>
>>1226647
Legal? Wtf dude, legality only comes into play when you get caught. Then it's up to judge and jury after that. Do whatever you want until you get caught man, short of harming people obviously.
>>
>>1226197
seconding this. best trimmer I have ever owner. I almost wish I liked weed waking so I could use it more often.

no more than 3 pulls to get it going.
>>
>>1226647
How friendly are you with your local weed whacker inspector? Sometimes they will turn a blind eye to things if you are reasonable otherwise.
>>
>>1226611
Me too but after trying that shit on a dr trimmer i will be hiding behind cover when your crazy fucks are playing with it
>>
>>1226076
I have a bump feed head but I also have one of these as a back up. Honestly not bad imo. I only restring once per lawn and a half when I use it. I don't turn it off to do it either, but that guy talking about stitches makes me wonder kek
>>
File: 935k9e944.jpg (14KB, 233x258px) Image search: [Google]
935k9e944.jpg
14KB, 233x258px
>>1227217
>>
File: speedfeed-banner-img.png (42KB, 440x378px) Image search: [Google]
speedfeed-banner-img.png
42KB, 440x378px
OP here
I installed a Shindiawa Speedfeed 400 and holy fuck is this thing amazing.
>>
>>1226197
Its an Echo Gt 225. Got it for $100 from some rich guy. He used it for a couple months. I just wished I would have waited for a straight shaft to pop up.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.