[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey DIY. Wanted some advice on making hooch, I live in an apartment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: p1100681.jpg (3MB, 2304x3072px) Image search: [Google]
p1100681.jpg
3MB, 2304x3072px
Hey DIY. Wanted some advice on making hooch, I live in an apartment so beer is kind of out of the question and I want to start easy. Any advice or recipes for the best results?
>>
Shit and piss in a bag and throw it in a dark closet
>>
>>1225560
There's a homebrew general use the fucking catalog
>>
Pear mead is piss easy, tastes good, and takes little effort.

Ingredients:
>5lbs Fresh D'anjou Pears cut into wedges
>10lbs clover honey
>1cup brown sugar
>1cup white raisins
>1pack champagne yeast

Extract Instructions:

In brew kettle, heat about 3.5 gallons water until sufficiently hot to dissolve the brown sugar and honey without boiling. Once the fermentables are in solution, cool the must to about 70 degrees f. transfer to a 5 gallon carboy and pitch yeast, add pear wedges and swirl must to aerate and coat pears.
Pop an airlock on it and let it sit in a cool dark place for about three months before even thinking about racking it off!
Enjoy the finished product in about 6-8 months.
>>
>>1225560
>I live in an apartment so beer is kind of out of the question
Not really. Ale yeast does fine at room temperature. Also, use the damn catalog and check the damn general.
>>
>>1225560

ghetto cider. i live in a flat and basically have a production line on the go.

>20 litres apple juice from concentrate (i buy 1litre tetra pak bricks from the supermarket)
>cider or wine yeast with alcohol tolerance dependent on how strong you want it
>brewer's sugar (glucose)

>put ingredients in a container (i use either a bucket, one of those bottles that you put on a water dispenser or a purpose built container with a tap).
>wait for 2 weeks
>(optional) add in a stabiliser to stop the fermentation process - i never do this.
>bottle the cider
>it'll be sedimenty, but if you let the bottles stand the sediment will settle.

once you get the basics down you can start experimenting with different flavours, strengths and ingredients. shit's fun, yo.
>>
>>1227064

ADDS:

i generally use 1kg of brewer's sugar for every 20 litres but i like my cider strong so i use wine yeast with high tolerance and 2kg of brewer's sugar nowadays.

also don't forget to use a bubbler or airlock to seal the ingredients so no contamination occurs. i prefer the bubbler because i like the "bloip bloip" noise and it's also a good guide to whether or not the fermentation is starting to slow down.

i never bother with measuring the potential abv with the hydrometer because as long as it gets me pissed real quick and tastes nice, i'm not terribly concerned with the abv. however some people like to know so maybe do it if you're making it for others to consume.
>>
Lol you need more equipment to still then to make beer. Its effectively the same except add a distilling aparatus. Like just make some fucking beer and mead nerd.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.