[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to make sauerkraut. What are the chances that a dark mark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170810_205751.jpg (2MB, 2368x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170810_205751.jpg
2MB, 2368x3200px
Trying to make sauerkraut. What are the chances that a dark mark deep in the jar thay had a bunch of dark green pieces in it to begin with is mold?
>>
>>1225518
dig it out and find out

i make kimchi (fairly haphazardly) and haven't had any mold/rot problems
>>
>>1225538
So it's okay to dump out the jar and refill it halfway through?
>>
>>1225565
you can't dump it to a clean container, pick out the piece you're worried about to check and repack it?

how many days is that? you don't tamp it down and add brine to keep it submerged?
>>
That's just a shot of black. It shows you're a pro.
>>
Have fun with the tape worms
>>
>>1225518
you should top the jar with salt water, anon
>>
well, it looks fine to me...if you add right amount of salt it cannot go bad so simply
>>
As a german I should know that stuff and my parents made tons of it when i was young.

1. more fluids, the top should have at least a few centimeters over it.

2. push the air bubbles out by compressing the kraut, we put some stones ontop of it but also compressed it with the hands.

3. mold should not be able to grow if you keep the water seal tight and used the right recipe
>>
>>1225518
Why is there so much air bro? Pack it down and fill it up
Air is just increasing the chance of mold actually appearing
Salt and no air
Get on it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.