[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in a dilly of a pickle: pic is a beck 901.1 pressure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170810_152927.jpg (652KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170810_152927.jpg
652KB, 1920x1080px
I'm in a dilly of a pickle: pic is a beck 901.1 pressure switch and it's leaking, like a lot (5 drops of water per second) through the hole where a pin has been cut away. Since it's near electric components, it's an issue.
I only found one store where I could get a replacement and it costs over 110€ with shipping. I was thinking of sealing the hole with silicone or somrthing alike (the water pressure is 200mbar or a bit under). Would that work or is there a special glue I could use? Or if anyone knows a place where I could get one for less, I'll be interested.
>>
>>1225214
Just move houses op, you're fucked
>>
>>1225214
siliconcarne or weld the plastiq
>>
>>1225245
Relax, it's for a steam hoven
>>1225248
Weld? That shit is PA6 and looks like there are glass fibers, I don't have the stuff to melt it without burning it.

I was also thinking about epoxy, what do you all think about it?
>>
Here in Europe we have something called Sikaflex which we use for all sorts of permanent, elastic sealing. It will be sufficient for this problem.
>>
Glue a small piece of plastic on it with cyanoacrylate.
>>
>>1225265
I cant, it's leaking in the gap where the cut connector goes through the plastic
>>1225263
The nearest store that has it is far, way too far. If I can't figure it out, I'll order some by mail
>>
>>1225214
Can you not just change an O seal where the leak is coming from?
>>
File: IMG_20170810_184443.jpg (598KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170810_184443.jpg
598KB, 1920x1080px
>>1225291
It's manufactured with a pressed in place shell which hold the plastic part and the brass fitting together, along with 4 rivets. I don't have the tools for this kind of repair
>>
>>1225297
If the pressure chamber is leaking, sealing from the outside is pointless, it would not keep the contacts dry. The only way I can think of is injecting a liquid sealant directly into the chamber.
>>
>>1225299
You are right, I forgot about the short circuit thing. Shit
>>
So I'm fucked.
Since I kinda dont want to spend 110€ on a freaking switch, I have searched for a replacement. However, a lot of switches are rated for air and hydraulic fluid. Can it handle water as well or do I need to contact every manufacturer and ask for every switch?
>>
>>1225288
Can't you just cut whatever water supplie thats causing the leak then glue it?
>>
>>1225381
It's a pressure switch in a steam hoven that controls the water presence to turn on and if all the pressure is gone before turning of. So I can't take it out and not replace it.
I can't disasemble it (see pics) and >>1225299 is right: I still have a short circuit even after leaving it to dry for a day. I can't glue the inside since there is inside a rubber capsule that is supposed to deform due to the pressure, thus closing the switch.
I see water leaking, but can't see where the o-seal is failing and how bad it is. So I will not be able to correctly seal and repair it. And if it's the capsule, I completely fucked
>>
File: 901.1x.jpg (22KB, 700x370px) Image search: [Google]
901.1x.jpg
22KB, 700x370px
>>1225427
What you have is a factory-set switch. You can see it from the red locking varnish/securing lacquer on the three adjustment screws. The data sheet is at:

http://www.beck-sensors.com/en/products/pressure-switches/overpressure-and-vacuum-switches/901-factory-set --> http://www.beck-sensors.com/fileadmin/user_upload/PDF/901_data_english.pdf

Any attempt at 'sealing the hole' where the water comes out would make it coming out at one or both of the other two terminals. Sealing from the outside keeps the switch flooded with water that comes through the leak in the membrane/diaphragm. It cannot be repaired that way. It would be like expecting to put out the fire by silencing the siren.

I was suggesting to seal the leak from the inside like you do an emergency repair of a punctured bike tire by injecting a sealant through the valve directly into the inner tube.

Did you already contact the manufacturer or vendor of your steam (h)oven?
>>
>>1225947
It's Gaggenau one bought used, and their after sales service is super expensive.
I now Mielle sells parts to anyone but only if you have the reference number, which I don't have.
But yeah, I'll send them an email tomorow but I'm not sure they'll have it (too old maybe?)and that they will ship it to me for cheaper.
I can live without it for a bit, so it's not an emergency, it just sucks to have it on the repair bench.
I don't have sealant at home and I don't realy want to risk it leaking again and having to do it all over in few months.
>(h)oven sorry for the bad english, I'm french
>>
>>1225214
Likely the internal diaphragm is shot. Fuel and oil pressure senders fail the same way. Not fixable.
Seal the hole and the internal pressure will equalize and the switch won't work.

Unless the fit is critical there are lots of pressure switches that cost around $30USD. What you need to know is the pressure it is set at and then buy one that has the same range.
>>
>>1225990
I know what pressure it's at (150-200 mbar), and found a replacement for 30£, only issues are clearance, the fact that it's for oil and air (is water ok then?),and that I need an adaptor for it (I need 1/8 and it's 1/4)
>>
>>1226365
oil and air would be non-corrosive and non-conducting. Depends on how the internals are done. water might cause problems, but I'd roll the dice and give it a shot.
>>
>>1226533
If I can't get a more reasinable price, I'll try. Thanks!
Note: Gaggenau only wants to send you technician, so if anyone ever has to repair one of their appliance, do not expect support for spare parts.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.