[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys so I got this idea on starting my own little garden but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: hi heh.gif (407KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
hi heh.gif
407KB, 500x297px
Hi guys so I got this idea on starting my own little garden but the thing is I have never done any gardening before and I don't know where or how to start any pointers or books I should read on? thanks guys
>>
put seeds in soil
>>
>>1224036
I'm looking to do the same. Look up pdf guides from local universities. They pretty much hold you hand through it.
>>
>>1224036
make your beds no wider than 4 feet. they can be as long as you want. this short width allows you to easily reach all the plants without stepping on the bed.

MULCH MULCH MULCH MULCH. if you think you have enough mulch, you dont. call local tree service companies and ask for tree mulch. Whatever you do, don't tell them to dump as much as they want. I have 1 acre under intensive cultivation covered entirely in woodchips 4" deep and more coming every week.

you dont actually need to make a raised bed. just deliminate a 4'wide swath for your garden with a minimum of 3' between each bed for standing/walking/kneeling. (ideally 4')

I don't water, and I don't have a problem with weeds. We just went three weeks with no rain, and full sun the entire time with temperatures averaging 95 degrees. I didnt water a single time and none of my plants showed any sign of major stress.
>>
>>1224039
first, put soil in liftable box.

beyond that it's all a matter of getting reluctant things to grow and non-reluctant things to grow bigger. but i'd recommend starting with some mint, shit is literally a weed you have to go full exterminatus on if it ends up next to other plants, yet it's also useful even just for garnishing booze.
>>
>>1224077
>>1224126
What do I do with the plants after harvest? Do I rip them out? What about the soil? Doesn't it get bad if you plant too much shit in it?
>>
>>1224134, or eat the tasty parts and chop/bury the rest

the soil can get "bad" if plants take too many substances out while being harvested and eaten, but chopping/burying beans or using fertilizer both tend to solve that. either way it's a decades question rather than a years or months question.
>>
>there are people who want to read a book on how to plant a plant into fuggin earth

jesus fuggin christ
>>
>>1224036
Just do it. Its really hard to fuck up. Plants need air, water, and sun. Too much/little of any one of those will cause problems.

If you want to do some basic prep, figure out your climate zone (itll be a number/letter, for example 7A), and do a quick search for plants that do well in that zone.

Get a variety of seeds and just see what works. Your first season might be hit/miss, but thats just how gardening is.

From there you can take pictures of problem plants and figure out what youre doing wrong by asking people online.
>>
>>1224036
All New Square Foot Gardening's pretty good
>>
File: 1463975562419s.jpg (3KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
1463975562419s.jpg
3KB, 125x100px
>>1224138
How do I find out how much water my plants need? Does the soil need to be moist all the time? Or do I let it completely dry for a few days?
>>
>>1224353
it depends on the plant.
Where do you live? You should plant plants which farmer in your region plant often. They grow best and dont need so much attention because the klima is already right. Just find good spot and sometimes water when it didnt rain for an unusual time frame.

1. Look up what farmer plant in your region, pick one/few plants you like eating or just like the looking of it
2. Find out if they need sunny/shadow area and how much water they need
3. Buy / Steal
4. Plant
5. Water it sometimes
6. Done

Most plants in Europe need medium wet ground. When you see cracks -> not enough water. When you see puddles -> too much water.

You can also plant shit from a diffrent area but it will need more attention and may die or may not bring any edible fruits because its not warm enough or too warm
>>
>>1224036
Also, these guys are very very helpful!
>>>/out/1074788
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.