[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to jury rig something since my motherboards audio-in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

I'm trying to jury rig something since my motherboards audio-in processing is broken, and my usb audio thing doesn't support 7.1

Basically trying to tape earbuds to my headphones so I don't have to switch to the earbuds every time I need a mic.

Basically I am wondering if I can cut the earbud off the microphone and have the mic still work. I'm assuming it wont but I don't know enough about this stuff to be sure.
>>
What are you plugging in and where are you plugging them into?
>>
File: 20170807_081412.jpg (83KB, 573x611px) Image search: [Google]
20170807_081412.jpg
83KB, 573x611px
>>1223669
The headphones are plugged directly into the PC green audio port, because that works.

The earbuds are plugged into a USB audio connector that was part of an old PS3 headset. The USB thing has a port for a standard 3 ring plug on it, and actually gets the input signal to my PC unlike the direct pink ports(Hardware Issue).

Since I dont need to listen to the bud Im wondering if I can chop it off and have the mic still work.
>>
>>1223661
Cutting that shouldn't hurt the mic. They all share the common ground but the ground should be a continuous wire with the mic connected before it goes up to the earbud.
>>
>>1223661
Yes, it will still work. Pffff
>>
>>1223661
Why wouldn't it?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.