[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... I saw the Skeletronics suit and decided to build one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170805_173002a.jpg (306KB, 1245x1009px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170805_173002a.jpg
306KB, 1245x1009px
So... I saw the Skeletronics suit and decided to build one of my very own. Turned out... bigger...
>>
>>1223017
So it is like a wearable Waldo system. Neat.
>>
>>1223017
How heavy is it?
>>
>>1223017
Mecha battle when!
>>
id like to see more of your suit, op.
thought about building one myself for halloween only using pvc for structure and foam mats for shielding
>>
>>1223762
PVC is still pretty heavy for its strength. Aluminum would be a better option, but for parts that need some flex to them use steel or pvc instead of aluminum depending on strength needed. Aluminum parts don't like flexing. Like using steel for what you stand on.
>>
>>
>>1223800
Reminds me of the thread where the guy said he didn't need to take into account the weight of the frame in his human powered aircraft design since he was making it out of PVC pipe.
>>
The original Skeletronic suit would make an amazing way to fake bigfoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5wqDWEaPFA

All those boomers who obsess over the videos and draw lines and say "this proves it couldn't be a person" would be so fooled

Just stretch a chewbacca costume over it and film from a distance
>>
>>1223800
i was thinking pvc more for cost (poorfag) than aluminum, and easier to connect to other pieces, as im assuming 90 and T joints would be cheaper than something like conduit fittings?

idk really, im still in teh process of measuring what id need to build before gathering materials
>>
>>1224052
Even with the higher cost, just save up your money and get the good stuff. You won't run into as many problems. You certainly don't want to be walking on PVC.
>>
>>1223801
suspicious that he doesn't walk or move anywhere.
probably fall over easily.
needs more work i guess
>>
>>1223749
Next month.
https://www.geek.com/tech/megabots-and-suidobashi-heavy-industrys-robots-are-going-to-battle-1710679/
>>
>>1224301
The video is longer and he walks around.
>>
File: ROSvsVSido.png (2MB, 1966x600px) Image search: [Google]
ROSvsVSido.png
2MB, 1966x600px
>>1224495
>>
>>1224495
Omg yaaaas
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.