[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some how my pronterface is showing 96-100°C without hotend turned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 500px-Reprappro-Mendel.jpg (41KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Reprappro-Mendel.jpg
41KB, 500x460px
Some how my pronterface is showing 96-100°C without hotend turned on to heat, i changed some day ago hotend to v6 direct, werks well, but it did not started right then but some day after this. Have no idea why, resistor meter is showing same ohms like the old one! It showing this even when i pull termistor wire out of reprap motherboard.
But it heating correctly about to 202°C and it is printing well enough. Can you tell what happened? Pic not mine but same old shit. But works after all.
>>
>>1222992
i don't see a schematic for the v6 hotend on google but assuming the heating element is being pwm'd by a switch i see three possibilities. one is that the switch controlling the heating element is damaged and leaking. another is that it's inadvertently being run at a low duty cycle by bad code. the third is that the gate or base circuitry of the switch is being pulled weakly to one rail by contaminants on the board.

measure the resistance across the switch when everything is off. it should be 100k+. if not you have a broken switch. otherwise measure the voltage across the heater when the system is on but not heating. it should be near zero. if it's not then the switch is fine. use the duty range on your multimeter (if you have one, otherwise voltage) to measure between the gate and source (base and emitter) of the heater switch. should be 0% or <100mV. if duty isn't zero it's a software issue. if the voltage is above that level and your board's not contaminated then the problem gets interesting.

if none of that is wrong then just kill yourself or something.
>>
>>1223210
thx ill try tomorrow.
>>
Use the right thermistor table in the firmware and do a PID autotune again.
>>
>>1222992
When you changed your hotend, your new V6 probably has a different thermistor.
Different thermistors read differently.

Find out the thermistor you have in your hotend, make sure you change it to the correct one in firmware. Once you do itll read correctly again.

If not, you damaged the thermistor and replace it.
Also use the 3d printer general for questions like this
>>
>>1223255
>>1223256
But termistor is giving same readings, and that error is shown even when termistor is not connected.
And i dont want to reflash the board cause i have no idea where to get the same firmware if the new one was shit for my board.
>>
>>1223291
> and that error is shown even when termistor is not connected.

Your thermistor is shot

>And i dont want to reflash the board cause i have no idea where to get the same firmware if the new one was shit for my board.

You should really be using a new firmware, one that has some of the newer failsafes. The firmware should be not letting you print at all when the thermistor is acting up.

Build the firmware from scratch, its not that hard and you should know what shit your printer has
>>
>>1223256
>>1223298
not him and not a 3d printer expert, but why would the software even be sampling the thermistor when it's not set to heat? he does say it heats up correctly when it's supposed to. maybe i misunderstand him.
>>
>>1223299
Yes printer is printing normal at ~202 celsius, termistor now showing 110k at about 18-20 celsius in the room.
And as i said, it showing this bias always, even when there is no termistor!
>>
>>1223299
>but why would the software even be sampling the thermistor when it's not set to heat?

Its always monitoring when its on

>>1223569
What kind of filament are you running?
PLA can run as low as 170c and still print, just because it says its 202c and running doesnt mean I would trust it
>>
>>1223572
>What kind of filament are you running?
ABS. It printing despite this error at ~200C, which is weird cause it like its adds only another 102C, not 200C.
>>
>>1223572
Also i just connected that termistor to hotbed's socket for termistor and showing correctly 19°C, which means termistor is full correct.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.