[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Live in apartment block infested with these fuckers >Go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: cockroach-laying-eggs.jpg (28KB, 520x235px) Image search: [Google]
cockroach-laying-eggs.jpg
28KB, 520x235px
>Live in apartment block infested with these fuckers
>Go full 14/88 on any nests I find - use surface spray, gel, baits and seal my food.
>Keep population in my apartment under control.
>Pest control comes out to treat apartment block at the request of another tenant.
>A month later I'm swimming in roaches.
>Fuck.jpg

How can I tell if the Pest Control did their job? I'm suspect that they haven't done anything so they can keep coming back to earn more money.

Also what's the best way to detect a messy tenant?, there is way to many of these motherfuckers flooding in to be just a simple apartment block infestation.
>>
>>1222523
Insecticides alone don't work that well.

Anyone who leaves food accessible is contributing to the problem. Also leaky faucets and dampness make the problem a lot worse.

Always wash your dishes right away, keep ALL food in airtight containers, and wipe kitchen counters and dining table and sweep the kitchen floor every night. Don't eat outside the kitchen and dining room.

If you're doing all that then poisons can be used effectively.
>>
>>1222523
They come from sewers or any drainage channels which are overlooked. Chances are your apartment sewers are filling up with those. They breed and infest upper layers. Put bait near entrances, enclosed water meters near your apartment (any place that is damp and dark, where roaches like to hang around) and any storm drainage channels. Have pest control to treat the apartment, with neighbors.
>>
Building maintenance guy here, everything said so far is good advice. Another good measure is to seal around any holes where pipes come from the walls, under your bathroom and kitchen sinks. Also around radiator pipes coming up from the floorboards (if you have boiler heat), gaps between pieces of moulding all throughout the apartment, etc. Close up as many possible entry points as you can, basically
>>
>>1222523
If you don't hit whole thing at once roaches will just move around. Had a problem at work with messy fuckers keeping food at the desks.
Fortunately there is Boric Acid. works like a charm on the little fuckers.
Sprayfoam every fucking crack like sewer and water penetrations. That or pack fiberglass in there. Put in foam blocks behind the outlets and switches.
one time at uni we set off two massive bugbombs, finally installed wire screen in the air duct. So glad to get the fuck out of that dive.
>>
>>1222523

Try spraying some Fipronil around the house, it often goes by the name "Frontline". Get the type meant for large dogs since it's more conentrated. Any insects that so much as touches the stuff will dry out and die within 24h.
>>
>>1222523
move the fuck out of that shithole.

>b-b-but m-m-muh contract
>send a certified letter informing them that you are holding in breach of contract for the infestation and will terminate your lease at 30 days and demand full refund of any deposits.
>>
>>1223866
This honestly. It's not your job as a renter to take care of roaches. GTFO of that place.
>>
>>1223866
In order to prove the place has an infestation. He has to hire at least two certified pest control company's and get his letter notarized.. Otherwise it won't hold up in a lot of courts. Because judges are swamped and really dont have time to nitpick you to believe your word or not. Have all your ducks in a row before you drop out.
>>
>>1223939
>evidence

A claim for back rent at a roach infested shithole will end up in eviction/small claims where virtually everything gets in as evidence. Photographing the problem and sending certified written communication is enough, but OP should check the lease for abatement and notice clauses and follow them to the letter.
>>
>>1222523
https://www.google.com/search?q=diatomaceous+earth+roaches&oq=diatomaceous+earth+r&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0l4.794.1521.0.3925.2.2.0.0.0.0.107.204.1j1.2.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.2.191...0i67k1.fib7_mCn68Y
>>
>>1223946
The problem is that you don't know which state this is in. Tenant rights vary wildly by state. In NC, you can't break the lease or withhold rent because of a problem with the residence. You have to keep paying the rent, then go to small claims court and get refunded for the days the owner was in breach. Pest control is also a hard thing to prove if its a single family residential unit, as you'd have to prove that you weren't responsible for the infestation.
>>
If you get a chance to talk to the pest control guy, ask him to general surface spray the cabinets inside and out with phantom and gentrol igr concentrate. And have him bait Around anywhere there is food and water. Also have him check under your table and cable boxes. Also obviously your fridge compresor
>>
>>1223961
Don't forget about behind the stove and hood vent if you have one.
>>
>>1222523
use cypermethrin, it will last for months, is not very toxic and it is used on many crops so you should have had contact with it in the past.
basicaly any crawling insect will die with this stuff, if it's too regulated in your country look up in Chinese stores for "insect chalk" some of them use cypermethrin some use other stuff, but they work great just put it anywhere the roaches would crawl and you'll find a bunch dead the next day I literally cleared my house from them for like 5 bucks.
Some commercial brands of sprays use cypermethrin too, the good thing about the stuff it's that it will remain active for like six months and it's not very toxic for humans ( don't put it near your food or mattress tough) .
>>
Not the OP, but I have a similar problem with a place I just moved into. Saw multiple adult and baby roaches on the first night. Management told me they were scattering because the apartment directly above mine was recently vacated and treated for pests — I'm assuming this is BS because I the babies I found?
>>
>>1223949
In almost all US states, I believe, the tenant has the right to a "Habitable Living Space", which is a protective clause that includes freedom from pests/vermin. So, if you could prove the infestation was pre-existing, the ball's in your court.
>>
Always poison the drip pan under the refrigerator. It's a source of water, dropped food, darkness, and warmth, four things that are very attractive to roaches. And vacuum it out while you're down there...
>>
>>1222523
>>1225838

There is no winning against these things unless the whole building is sprayed multiple times with
strongest shit they have AND they evict the problem tenants who are causing this (hippies, druggies, hoarders, niggers, gyppos, mentally ill, you name it).

t. landlord
>>
>>1225846
Except they can live happily off of newspaper or that stack of phone books that's alway laying in the common area...

If you see one baby, look for three or four siblings and kill them. They leave the egg case together.

Www.domyownpestcontrol.com

you can order a kit and knock them out of your apartment. Spray the outside of your apartment, around all openings and pipes. Baby roaches are the size of a sesame seed, that's the gap size you need to close and seal inside all your cabinets, under your cabinets, etc, basically give them nowhere to hide.
>>
>>1222523
mix DDT and Kerozene, then spray all your place.
wait one or two days for the smell to disappear

/thread
>>
>>1222523

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/advion-roach-bait-gel-p-304.html

this shit works well
>>
File: thefinalsolution.jpg (62KB, 650x641px) Image search: [Google]
thefinalsolution.jpg
62KB, 650x641px
This shit
>>
File: 187852.jpg (424KB, 1632x1728px) Image search: [Google]
187852.jpg
424KB, 1632x1728px
>>1228088
Memes aside, you can still buy it in Czech Republic. They say it's quite effective.
>>
>>1222523
Theu probably just cooked a batch of blue sky and skedaddled
>>
>>1229472
The kinda-sorta original maker (Detia-Degesch) made the same stuff under different name until quite recently.

Cyanide fumigation went out of fashion because it was tedious and dangerous, not because it was ineffective. Phosphine is a more modern alternative if poison gas is your thing.
>>
>>1222523
I have an habit of throwing water with lye down the drains every couple months. Maybe it'll help you because the fuckers love some pipes
>>
As a pest control tech, fuck apartment complexes.
German and mandarin roaches are damn near impossible to get rid of in a tight complex unless every problem tenant gets on board with sanitation and removing conducive conditions.

Sure, bait helps but unless you can get it where it needs to be and placed correctly you either create bait aversion or it just never gets eaten.
Haven't met a land lord yet that wants to let the bug guy start drilling holes in every wall to dust with Drione and hit the little fuckers where they nest.

On the subject of the bug guy spraying and then the roaches run to your place, the tech was probably just spraying something with pyrithrins. Unfortunately, they are great for keeping things out but in an apartment they just force the roaches to other rooms. Even if he sprays all the rooms in every apartment it's just going to force them all into the walls between each unit until the stuff dies off. They don't really mind this though as they can live off each others' poop for weeks at a time.
>>
>>1230626
I'm this fag, sorry I forgot to address the question.

Your probably fucked. The tech can enter any damned material he wants into his paper work and you probably have no way to verify his materials. The subject of messy tenants, ask the property management to do a wellness check on everyone in the building. It may seem excessive but it needs to be done. Ask if they can make an appointment with the bug guy to see if he can come with him during the inspection.

If the bug guy wants to get this problem handled and back on his way to working on his real pay check rather than wasting time doing free shit for an apartment complex he has been to 4 times in a month.

What company did your property management hire?
>>
File: american-cockroach.jpg (26KB, 490x327px) Image search: [Google]
american-cockroach.jpg
26KB, 490x327px
Probably not the best course of actions but here's what I did in a similar situation.

Bought a 6+ month spray. Sprayed the shit out of my sink cabinets (inside and outside base boards as well as around pipes), around my ceiling fan mounts, and all windows and doors. It worked. I found dead cockroachs every morning and evening when I got home from work. Was taking a shit one day and saw one dart from the bathroom cabinet for the kitchen. Died within 10'. After a week or 2 I only found dead ones 1-2 times a month.

It was my neighbors who couldnt keep their place clean. Jackasses had 4 adults in a 1 bedroom apartment and treated it like a dump.

>be falling asleep
>hear a plastic bag crinkle
>just the fan running probably..
>fall asleep
>feel a nope scurry across my arm
>throw the nope across the room into a wall
>hit the lights
>it's halfway up the wall
>manages to get into the base of the ceiling fan
>get armed with paper towel and broom stick.
>nope comes shooting out of fan base
>knock it down with stick and catch then squish with towel
>24hr Walmart @3am buying bug spray
>spray the shit out of hiding places and whatnot
>sleep the rest of the night in recliner with light on
>5 in the open and dead by work alarm @7am
>>
Lived in an apartment with them.
Bought a fog bomb.
Set it off, left for the weekend.
Buggers scattered into adjoining units (left, right, up, down).
All the neighbors complained.
Landlord got a pro exterminator.
>>
Advion paste.
Gift some to neighbors too.
>>
File: Hitler-1921.jpg (60KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler-1921.jpg
60KB, 1000x1000px
>>1229472
>>1229502
You can make zyklon-b at home with just a propane torch and 50 bucks.

>lye
>cyanuric acid (pool ph adjuster)
>activated charcoal
>heat at 600C for an hour, stir
>let cool
>dissolve solid with rubbing alcohol
>add baking soda, stir until clear
>boil off alcohol

now you've made the salt you just react it with acid and wham, fumes for days
>>
OH GOD GOD GOD GOD.

Please. Please for fuck sake if there is any justice do not give me a house with these fuckers. Holy fuck holy fuck I really can"t fucking stand cockroaches. I can't. They disgust me way beyond reason. I can stand almost any insects, but these are fucking insane. Please.

why why are they so disgusting to me I don't get this 15 centimeters centipedes don't disgust me as much PLEASE HOLY FUCK
>>
>>1232681
Can I use activated almonds in place of the charcoal?
>>
>>1222528
Fair warning about moisture, i would clean your coffee machine in case you haven't checked.

As for whether they did their job or. Not.....well i doubt they Asís a decent enough one
>>
>>1233009
I know exactly how you feel
>>
File: cockroach.jpg (35KB, 300x195px) Image search: [Google]
cockroach.jpg
35KB, 300x195px
>>1222523
Trap them with tape or sticky traps.
>>
>>1233009
I'm so glad I haven't seen a single one of them in my country.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.