[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/, I found my old sax during an in-depth storage cleabing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Sax-alto-Yamaha-YAS280.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sax-alto-Yamaha-YAS280.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
Hey /diy/, I found my old sax during an in-depth storage cleabing last week.

Thing hasn't been taken care of for over 15 years, any tips on what should I do to bring it back to 100? It was left inside its case, so no dirt or corrotion related issues.
>>
Provided it was clean and taken care of before it was put in storage, you won't need to do much.

Swab the insides with instrument cleaner, check the cork, check the pads, replace if needed and make sure all the keys are smooth.
>>
>>1221239

>and make sure all the keys are smooth.

The keys are sticky, and pretty noisy on the oppening and cloising. What should I do?
>>
>>1221248
Drop some key oil where it's noisy and rough. Work the keys around a lot to remove the built up crud. Don't put too much on because it'll be a bitch a wipe off.

You'll want to drop it where the joints are and it can get very complicated where multiple keys join to one rod.

If the cork and/or pads need replacing, I suggest you just take it to the shop for a check up. If you only need to oil the keys, then it's find to do it yourself.
>>
>>1221250
>key oil

WD40 is ok too, especially if the spit valve is soggy.
>>
>>1221251
WD40 is fine for general corrosion cleaning of th tone holes and stuff, but I wouldn't use it as a key oil. It tends to gum up as it dries, making the key action no better than it was. A thin oil is good to use to flush out the gunk in the key barrels, then a more viscous brand of oil, or even PTFE grease should be used as a long term lubricant.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.