[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok diy so we've go a problem with this irrigation system.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 20170801_200803.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170801_200803.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Ok diy so we've go a problem with this irrigation system. The water doesn't reach the other planters farthest away from the pump.
>>
>>1220243
It'll reach this one and the one farthest back.

The red tubing is what we used to make a ring along the inside of each box with pin sized holes about 3-4 inches apart all around. On this first one the pressure is great and water flows 5-6 inches from each hole.
> Pic too big I'll upload at home
The PVC pipe is half inch and plant box is 8 by 3 feet
>>
I'm thinking we're missing something because the pump is connected directly to the outside faucet and then the PVC hose to the pump. We've never done this before and I know the pump isn't meant for this. I'm thinking it's either pressure, pump, or missing part related. The missing part being some kind of regulator or reserve tank.
>>
File: 20170801_200705.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170801_200705.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>
File: 20170801_202710.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170801_202710.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
There's a small plant box to the left of the rocky kitchen area and the one at the right. Those weren't getting water but the closest front left one was.
>>
So... you just poled a bunch of holes in that red tube to be drippers? Your little holes could just be plugged up.

But I don't know if we're gonna be able to help you beyond that. You'll just have to tear into it and see what the problem is.
>>
>>1220282
*poked
>>
>>1220282
They worked well on the first planter but it just wouldn't rech the other three.
>>
>>1220243
>At depths of 25'

How far away are your waterless planter?

Have you considered raising the outflow coming from the pump above all your drippers so gravity does the work after the initial climb

How much pipe do you have in the system?
>>
>>1220250
>The missing part being some kind of regulator or reserve tank.
I'm no expert, but isn't a well pump supposed to go in a well?

>the pump is connected directly to the outside faucet and then the PVC hose to the pump
what happened when you tried connecting the faucet directly to the tube?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.