[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im at the family cabin and the cellphone data speed is atrocious.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (1KB, 176x176px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
1KB, 176x176px
Im at the family cabin and the cellphone data speed is atrocious. Any way to build a powered antenna that is connected to my phone to boost the speed? Would google but loading /diy/ itself already took like 3 to 5 minutes.
>>
>>1220004
Go outside, get to a high point in term of terrain - that's what I do at my house in the country.
>>
>>1220005
Thats pretty inconvenient
>>
>>1220004
Maybe you're holding it wrong.
>>
>>1220038
KEK. Fuck u iphone.

Also, every post i send i have to hold my phone above my head and send 3-5 times. Pictures are a no go.

Please anyone have a 4g booster diy or even advice on buying one that fucking works.
>>
>>1220612
Suggest hiatus; very liberating.
>>
put down the phone and go enjoy nature
>>
>>1220637
Fuck that anon. I was the last one to get a smart phone. Rocking the motorola razor 10 years after it was done and shit. Legit didnt have one till 3 years ago. God willing i will never be without again.

Fuck living in the sticks with no social life and nothing to do.

I like my fucking phone.
>>
>>1220641
No. I grew up enjoying nature. Now i enjoy air conditioning and trolling lineral shitstains
>>
get a ham license!
>>
>>1220650
-.-. --.- -.. -..-
>>
>The Wilson Sleek® 4G is a cell phone signal booster, designed to better access cell tower signals to boost the voice and data signal of one’s mobile phone device when in areas of spotty cell coverage. It purports to work for all carriers and to boost all signals up to 4G.

You could also crack open your phone, locate the antenna and see if you can improve it somehow. Like extend it outside the phone.
>>
>tfw spend summers in darkness because boat fag
>tfw boosters in boat but they don't do shit

On the bright side I get lots of shit to catch up on at home.
>>
>>1220783
>You could also crack open your phone, locate the antenna and see if you can improve it somehow. Like extend it outside the phone.

Don't know about iPhones but I have run coax from an external antenna on a pole to a Wilson amp to the external jack on my phone. This turned zero bars into 1.5, which ain't great but a significant improvement over nothing.

But it was a lot of trouble. The best antenna is parabolic turned to the exact freq your cell tower and phone are communicating on, but you can just use a yagi.
>>
>>1220004
just ignore your phone and pay attention to the physical world around you. that is the true way of /diy/

summer faggot
>>
Not op but interested, how do you external antenna a smartphone? Just so I can stay in my mom's basement and still get a signal?
>>
>>1220004
I know one passive hack that worked for a guy I know.

You basically make a dish for your phone - Take umbrella, cover inside part with foil, attach phone to handle where the hot spot would be, direct to you cell tower.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170804-114125.png (254KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170804-114125.png
254KB, 720x1280px
>>1220783
Thanks, but wouldnt a phone have to be in this giant faggot ass craddle?
>>
>>1221596
>not having youtube and Google to make diy ideas better and easier and cheaper always.

Shut up faggot.

Other people diy is where i spark 90% of my fun ideas
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.