[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup fellas I'm leaving for college in a few days and wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: AdventureChu.jpg (232KB, 743x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AdventureChu.jpg
232KB, 743x1000px
Sup fellas
I'm leaving for college in a few days and wanted to know if there was some el cheapo way to make it look like my desktop was locked down with Kensington locks. Don't really want to shell out the $50 in locks for my PC and 2 monitors, plus that doesn't do anything about my keyboard or other equipment.
>TLDR How to make the illusion of my computer parts being locked down to deter thieves
>pic unrelated
>>
>>1219861

3d print some fake ones. Or even make real ones. Nobody will know that they are made of plastic if you paint them well.
>>
>>1219861
And a fake one will do something about your keyboard and equivalent?

You'd spend more than $50 in time, paint, materials and effort to make a convincing fake, you may as well just stop being so fucking poor and buy one.
>>
>>1219870
>equivalent
Equipment. Fuck you auto correct.
>>
>what is steel braided cable and crimpers?
>>
>>1219872

this is the best solution so far. Buy some stainless steel cable and ferrules and the proper crimper for the ferrules. Have a machine shop knock up the part that goes inside the little hole, with a place for OP to crimp the cable.

Then make a loop at the other end to wrap around something sturdy, and you're good to go and saved a lot of money too.
>>
>>1219861
>deter thieves
>fake locks and shit

The person trying to steal it will yank on it to test then steal it when it come off in their hands.
>>
>>1219861
>won't spend a mere $50 to protect $1000+ in computer equipment
How did you get in college again?
>>
>>1219861
>Don't really want to shell out the $50
>>1219874
>some stainless steel cable and ferrules
> have a machine shop knock up

Just, wow.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.