[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Changing roof of house There is a property that needs gutted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

> Changing roof of house

There is a property that needs gutted entirely and I'd like to change the roof pitch/shape/whatever you wanna call lit (pic related) to (pic related).

I see that the large beams can be LVL or some sort of metal. What would you do for something like this?

The current house is just a simple rectangle with a rectangle attached garage. How hard would it be to add the slant to the roof due to the current structure being flat?

The house is relatively small < 1000sq ft.

Anyone have experience or heard of anyone doing something like this?
>>
>>1219633
You do not own this, fuck off,
>>
>>1219633
why gut this house? it's beautiful as-is.
>>
>>1219633
I own several properties and I remember a friend in the business trying this. If you do it, for goodness sake hire a structural engineer and/or a licensed contractor to do it/verify your work. He hired a guy without checking his credentials on a whim and the guy installed it improperly and a good wind caused the new roof to collapse and kill the contractor. Dude wasn't bonded/insured so my bud is in hot water trying to get out of the market asap.

Just be safe.
>>
>>1219633
Roofer here. To change the pitch of the roof you would need to change all the rafters.
I worked on a project that the general ordered the wrong pitch on the rafters. They were pre fab from some expensive wood or something. Anyway it was easier to tear up the sheeting then to send them back.
>>
step 1. post actual roof

step 2. get someone qualified to make major structural changes
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.