[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just wrapped my mask in electrical tape. Is this safe to wear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20170731_025200549.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170731_025200549.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
I just wrapped my mask in electrical tape. Is this safe to wear frequently or is this a bad idea?
>>
>>1219256
I'm going to refrain myself from asking what cringy use the mask will be given and just say you're an idiot for thinking electrical tape can harm you in any way unless it's wrapped around your body and for uploading a 2.3MB picture so blurry that it wouldn't have mattered if you had downsized it to 10kB.
>>
File: received_1581269141892888.gif (4MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
received_1581269141892888.gif
4MB, 202x360px
>>1219256
Why
>>
>>1219256
https://www.fastenal.com/productimages/supplemental/product_docs/Vinyl%20Electrical%20Tape-No%20Lead.pdf
>>
>>1219259
Hey, OP here.

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure if the tape was toxic to inhale since it covers the mouth area and I could accidentally breathe it in. Also, I have a shitty camera so thats why the photo is complete trash. The mask was my first conversion and I just did what my brain told me.
>>
>>1219268
On a sale from 1 to 10, why are you a rapist?
>>
>>1219256
You know anon... you could just order a gimp mask online...
>>
>>1219268
>This product, when used under reasonable conditions and in accordance with the 3M directions for use, should not present a health hazard. However, use or processing of
the product in a manner not in accordance with the product's directions for use may affect the performance of the product and may present potential health and safety hazards.
The tape is considered safe under normal use conditions.
Having a concentrated source of VOCs on your face for an extended period of time is probably a bad idea. Having arsenic, arsenic compounds, lead compounds, etc. in direct contact with your skin for extended periods of time is probably not within the normal use conditions considered in the MSDS.
>>
File: negro-community.jpg (59KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
negro-community.jpg
59KB, 500x330px
doing a blackface is not a good idea
>>
>>1219256
No, electrical tape has electricity in it. Small amounts won't hurt vut that much electrical tape might electrocute you. My friend Sage did this once.
>>
>>1219256
Did you even read the health and safety warnings on the packaging when you bought it?! Holy shit are you fucking retarded? I'm surprised this stuff is even legal.
>>
File: Focus.jpg (59KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Focus.jpg
59KB, 1024x1024px
>>1219256
just buy yourself a gimpmask, ffs.

Also:
>>
>>1219338

yeah, it's not the volts but the amps that get you, so be careful not to build up too much static electrcity
>>
It'll all be okay as long as you add a shot of bla--

Oh, wait, never mind...
>>
File: 5.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
>>1219256
It isn't safe to wear. Both the adhesive and the tape have "chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer". You can actually tell from the odor black electrical tape gives off that it is no good for your health. It is similar to that new car smell, just a bit off.

Congrats on actually DIYing something. Not many people do that on this board.
>>
>>1219429
My sister in law gauged her ears several years back, and used to wrap electrical tape around tunnels every night and put them back in to size up.

I warned her several times that usually synthetic black colored adhesives are not good for your skin. Couple that daily contact for years on sometimes open sores due to the stretching, she'll likely develop melanoma.

Eventually she switched to wrapping teflon tape around them to size up. She's a real prize winner.
>>
>>1219429
>"chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer".

it's hard to find any product that does not have that label. It's on the bag of baby carrots I bought yesterday. I suppose the pesticide is the reason.
>>
>>1219338
Did he run the tape in serial or parallel?
>>
>>1219447
Looked to be serial. Should i have him switch it?
>>
>>1219444
>baby carrots
>cause cancer...

Time to an hero. May as well give it uo now while i hate my life then after im 60 and finally get my shit together just to die of fucking cancer from baby carrots!
>>
>>1219443
Gross...
>>
>>1219429
KEK
>>
>>1219403
Yeah, forgot op. That much tape would buikd a lot of amps...
>>
>>1219279
>>
Okay, why the fuck are you using a make shift taped mask for a conversion and are you a convicted felon?
>>
>>1219268
>The mask was my first conversion
Who's converting, and to what?
>>
>>1219505
>>1219444
You have yourselves to blame. If you can't look the person in the eye who grows and makes your food, you can't complain about shit like this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/25/dining/ben-and-jerrys-ice-cream-herbicide-glyphosate.html
http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/07/25/traces-monsantos-roundup-found-in-ben-jerrys-ice-cream.html
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/07/26/weed-killer-chemical-ben-and-jerrys-ice-cream/
http://www.businessinsider.com/ben-and-jerrys-ice-cream-test-uncovers-weedkiller-glyphosate-2017-7
https://www.commondreams.org/newswire/2017/07/25/organic-consumers-association-ben-jerrys-ice-cream-tests-positive-roundup
http://www.abc15.com/news/national/traces-of-herbicide-ingredient-found-in-ben-and-jerrys-ice-cream-products-report-says
http://www.healthfreedoms.org/ben-jerrys-ice-cream-found-with-active-ingredient-from-roundup-weedkiller/
http://www.talkingbiotechpodcast.com/093-ben-and-jerrys-roundup/
>>
>>1219610
Mutherfucker i work 80 hours a week and the only shit grows around here is roundup safe corn.
>>
>>1219586
>op
>and he is converting to crab people
>>
>>1219256
fuck electrical tape
>i put it where i grab shit like some kind of handle improvement
>i put it in my car to cover the cut in the door or dash or wherever
>i wrapped it around my tool cuz now it's better grip
fucking retarded. it peels off and now it's just a sticky mess and if i work with you i'm throwing it in the garbage if i have to touch it. anyone that uses electrical tape for anything besides soldered wire connections is a retard. and it sucks/there's better options for that, too
>>
>>1219987
Corn really isn't all that great anyway. The good corn varieties are flint cultivars anyway. Use those for making nixtamal for masa/tortillas/hominy/etc.

>works 80hours a week

That's an average of 11.42 hours a day 7 days a week. Yet you have time to shitpost on 4chan.
>>
>>1220063
It is even terrible for electrical use.
>>
>>1220070
agreed,>>1220063
>and it sucks/there's better options for that, too
>>
Stop buying shit electrical tape. The good stuff is good
>>
>>1220927
This
When you buy the 4 for a $1 stuff at the dollar store, you cant complain that its garbage.

Once you use something like Super33+, youll never go back
>>
>>1220069
Implying he doesn't take a shit every now and then
>>
>>1220069
>11.42 hours a day
>add 6 hours min for "healthy" sleep
>17.42 hours a day
>add 3 hours for eating/shitting/in-between
>20.42 hours a day
>roughly 24 hours a day
>24 - 20.42 is 3.58 extra hours to shit post a day

You could even extend sleep and misc. by an hour and still get almost two hours of shit posting.
>>
>>1220929
Thirded.

I use it a lot when I'm splicing rope to keep things from fraying. The good shit is good shit.
>>
>>1219443
Teflon tape is fine, we use Teflon in medical implants because it is biologically inert.
>>
>>1219256
so when will we be seeing you on /hc/ ?
>>
>>1219610
>Buying ice cream
>Not buying ingredients and making own ice cream

Easiest way to ensure your food is "safe" for consumption if to make it from scratch. Making homemade icecream is easy to do (It does get extremely hard if after leaving it in the freezer, unless you add propylene glycol to make it softer, but that isn't good for your health), and you can even /diy/ it and wrap some metal piping around a metal canister and connect it to an compressor and condenser to make a freezer.
>>
>>1219444
It's a well known fact that everything in Commiefornia will give you cancer.
>>
>>1219256
i need to know your intentions here are, please post another picture of the mask as well
>>
>>1219256
this pic will haunt my dreams
>>
>>1223199
Find a better recipe if it's getting hard. More egg yolks and sugar will keep it soft indefinitely
>>
>>1223199
A bit of alcohol into your custard will improve the texture. And move it to the fridge 30 minutes before desert time.
>>
>>1219268
>Also, I have a shitty camera so thats why the photo is complete trash.
No. It's trash because your photography skills are shitty. Don't blame your gear for your own lack of skills.
>>
>>1219610
lmao the ben and jerrys thing was horseshit the levels they found were completely harmless. gtfo
>>
>>1219443
Shout out to all those people who actually commited to guages. Lost their job opportunities for them size gainz.
>>
File: 20161002_fuku.jpg (211KB, 719x390px) Image search: [Google]
20161002_fuku.jpg
211KB, 719x390px
>>1225985
>the ben and jerrys thing was horseshit the levels they found were completely harmless

This is pretty much where we are these days. If you can detect any level of something that someone has decided "there are no safe levels for this" then the sky is falling. Pic related is the biggest piece of hysterical bullshit ever created.
>>
>>1223199
>make it from scratch
And have your own cows and hens, as it's reasonable to assume milk/butter/eggs were the source of the reported "levels far below the ceiling set by the Environmental Protection Agency" of glyphosate.
Why was this newsworthy?
>>
>look at pic
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWYc9Y41xek
>>
>>1219256

You should use aluminum tape instead. Only a closed conductive surface will work as a Faraday cage and block out the voices in your head.
>>
>>1219256
OP model it for us!
>>
>>1219256
You look like nigga
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.