[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/ Buddy and I just about finished the install of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170729_220255.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170729_220255.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Hey /diy/

Buddy and I just about finished the install of the new shiplap for his island.

Got some cheap LEDs too for a teat run for lighting. How'd we do?
>>
File: IMG_20170729_220258.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170729_220258.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Some color change action
>>
>>1218573
At first I was going to post a SHIPLAP! meme, but now I'm convinced this is bait. Blew your load too soon, anon.
>>
Ghetto
>>
>>1218573
2/3 walls
>>
>granite countertop
>stainless appliances and fixtures
>distressed wood floors
>cheapest looking shitlap siding for the island.
Try again, anon.
>>
>>1218831
This. Nothing belongs. Individually, not bad. Except the LEDs. But together? Fuck me, my skin is crawling and I feel autism worms in my brain.
>>
>>1218831
>try again anon.

Shit son. Till the 08 crash i worked for a builder.

My only job was to clean up the mess crews left behind.

Build houses EXACTLY this way and suburban housewives eat em up.

Then after the divorce or in 10 uears to keep up with the joneses they "build another house" meaning they point to a picture in a book and thenwe build an equally samefag house with a higher sticker price.

Then poorfags like me come in when they are 100 years old and live in shit...
>>
>>1219545
Theres nothing wrong with the granite, appliances, or even the wood floor, its the shiplap that looks cheap and out of place.

I didn't mean to be rude, because it looks reasonably well done, however it just doesn't go well with the other bits of the kitchen. You would have been better off making faux-cabinet faces to match the other cabinetry, accent finish trim, or even a foot bar as it could act as a breakfast bar.

My other issue is the chain-link design on the backsplash, it makes a small kitchen look and feel smaller. You want horizontal line tiles to help "stretch" out the room.

But you're right, suburban housewives eat this shit up because they now see floors, kitchens, etc as a fashion accessory and change it up every 5 years or move and sell the cheap finishes to someone who doesn't know any better or accepts that they will remodel anyway.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.