[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would I go about 1) finding someone to draw this up 2) find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 18

File: howhard-png.png (2MB, 1110x783px) Image search: [Google]
howhard-png.png
2MB, 1110x783px
How would I go about
1) finding someone to draw this up
2) find contractors to frame it and cost
3) finish the interior myself
>>
>>1216809
>1) finding someone to draw this up
Google architect and your city name.

>2) find contractors to frame it and cost
Google contractors and your city name.

>3) finish the interior myself
Define finish. Wiring/plumbing and up? Drywall? Paint? Or are we talking furniture and decorations?
>>
>>1216809
>/diy/
> Do It Yourself
>"Hey how do i get someone else to do it for me?"
>>
>>1216821
Everything except for electrical and the base structure. Brother is electrician.
>>
>>1216809
1950s called. They want their house back.
>>
>>1216839
1950s housing truely looks like shut and ruined aesthetic for years to come
>>
>>1216904
They werent going for aesthetics, they were going for "lets sell cheap houses at rates that people working in factories can afford"
And it was great!
>>
File: levittown.jpg (146KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
levittown.jpg
146KB, 750x450px
>>1217185

levittown was the best. little shit houses they could throw up in a day or two, but you could move into your own fucking house after coming back from the pacific in ww2.

It's easy to mock them now, especially their children, the evil boomers. but that was the time to be alive. fucking rock and roll was just around the corner.
>>
>>1216839
>>1216904
Looks better than todays McMansion shits. Those modest homes were a sign that the middle class actually exists. Now what do we have? Cardboard McMansions and low-income housing.
>>
>>1218632
all house no land. who wants to live in a 300m2 house when it has 0 land?
>>
>>1218684
People who have public amenities like parks and wilderness and stuff.
>>
>>1218687
i live next to a national park/ wetland and have 3 public green parks near me. but its not my land, i couldnt do what i want with it.
>>
>>1218690
Good, since clearly you can't be trusted to leave it in shape for the next person after your lolbert self is dead.
>>
>>1218701
what? i use my land half for farming, quarter for sheep, quarter for horses
>>
>>1218702
It ain't your land either way, nerf herder. The rest of us just let you use it for the moment.
>>
>>1218704
i dont live in a communist society. i own it legally and owe nothing on it
>>
>>1216809
>house-full-of-doors.img.internet.jpg

reconsider.

That layout lends itself to weird puzzle creatures from another dimension but would be unacceptable to many people these days. At the least that center bedroom needs to be omitted, living room opened into it visually and laid out as a small dining area, dining area on the right deleted and used to help make a functional kitchen. That layout is what helped kill cooking because it is so awful. That fireplace will lend itself to becoming a monolithic pile of stone-shaped cement and masonry scrap fill with the rest of the "stone" facing down that corner that encourages your cheap suburbia foundation slab to shift and crack. It is also dated as hell. Needs work. The 2nd porch entry door/garage door/basement door three-way clusterfuck is a "found dead in their suburban basement after apparent accident" headline waiting to happen.

Keep the nice deep eaves though.
>>
>>1218710
what he means is that you die. And the land and all things are only yours when the rest of americankind accept them as yours and the legal systems in place allow them to be. But all things will die, humans and laws faster than the rest and the land will cease to be someone's
>>
>>1218733
so its a philosophy thing that wont happen? of course i cant own anything when dead
>>
>>1216821
Keep in mind that architects often work with some societies, so they know which electricians, plumbs, etc will suit welll
>>
why would you even bother having a kitchen if it's going to suck that bad
>>
>>1216809
That's a shitty plan, go with modern open layouts.
>>
>>1218893
my grandma's house is comfy af
but it would be easier to remodel as an open layout than the one in the plan because the basement location is in her porch
>>
>>1218967
well, the entrance
>>
>>1218970
old houses actually had nice large feeling interiors but they had way too many choke points
>>
ITT: how do i floor plan a house

The answer is there is no right answer because everyone has different preferences

pic related
>>
i want a modern chaateu inspired house with 5 bed 3 bath minimum. It needs 2 studios, one art and one music, and also an office/study. I dont want the entrance to feel cramped nor do i want any of the hallways to be too narrow. Intergration into the surroundings would also be appreciated, though of course trees and plants can come later. at the same time i dont want it too feel to disjointing and large
>>
>>1219320
>>1219312
>>
>>1219320

Excellent. Call our office and set up an appointment where we can talk over your vision and review your financial situation.

Typically we require an advance of 30% to begin work and will need a draw every week for as long as it takes. Each week for the first month or two we ask that you come in to review our work, but after a few months we generally know you well enough to wing it.

Based on what you have told us so far, our design with full specifications should cost no more than $150k.
>>
>>1219328
why so much? i dont mind paying but that seems fairly high.
>>
>>1216809
>how do i build a house.

Holy fucking sage
>>
>>1219332
>Holy fucking sage

Why? People actually do this on occasion, and it's one of the ultimate diy projects and it's cool because an ordinary person can easily learn most of the skills involved and save a ton of money.

Time is the main tradeoff. If you have a year or five you can build a house almost by yourself with your wife or your wife's sons. The only time you should look for a pro is when it comes time to paint.
>>
>>1219342
this is why some states have maximum time to build. they dont want 20 year constructions. i really hate the forced meme you added, its fucking cancer.
>>
>>1216809
>cramped kitchen that can't ever be modified to an open concept one because of where it is
absolutely disgusting
>>
File: american_women_oh_yes.jpg (52KB, 500x548px) Image search: [Google]
american_women_oh_yes.jpg
52KB, 500x548px
>>1219476
>>cramped kitchen that can't ever be modified to an open concept one because of where it is

The house appears to be american design from the 40s or 50s. Women were slender back then and did not need a lot of room to prepare a meal and clean up afterwards, since no one else would be in the kitchen trying to come up with "concepts". It had a fridge, oven, and a sink plus cabinets and she was happy to have it after having survived the great depression and WW2.
>>
>>1219488
fair enough, but OP is stupid if he wants that design in this day and age
>>
>>1218710
what is imminent domain, alex
>>
>>1219598
Good question, what is it?
>>
>>1220201
>homeowner
"I own this house"
>.gov
"You do, so here's some money for your house so we can demolish it for a highway"
>homeowner
"That's not a fair offer"
>.go
"Ok let's have a quick shag at the courthouse, spoiler alert .gov always wins"
>>
>>1219312
>15 minute walk to get to your bathroom
Why
>>
>>1219312
Gives me a god damn heart attack. 4 entrances and more than a dozen windows
>>
Do architects actually use math to check the integrity of domestic designs, or is it just typical licensing statist bullshit?
I don't think they even need to take statics...
>>
>>1219312

DISGUSTING WHY WHY WHY WHAT WOULD THIS ROOFLINE EVEN LOOK LIKE

DID THE PERSON WHO DESIGNED THIS NOT UNDERSTAND HOW GUTTERS WORK

WHO'S GOING TO CLEAN THIS ROOF

WHAT LOVECRAFTIAN NIGHTMARE OF "CYCLOPEAN ARCHITECTURE" IS THE ROOF EVEN GOING TO LOOK LIKE

IT'S LIKE SOMEONE TRIED TO MAKE A MCMANSION ON A BUDGET AND AT A 45 DEGREE ANGLE AND RUINED EVEN THE SHITTY THINGS THAT ARE KINDA COOL ABOUT A MCMANSION LIKE "LAWYER FOYERS"
>>
>>1220307
>LAWYER FOYERS
Google does not assist me with discerning the meaning of this term. Please try to meme more clearly.

Can someone explain to me the problem with McMansions?
The hate seems to be a combination of ponce and disdain for lumber construction.
What am I missing?
>>
>>1220308

if they weren't constructed really badly by mexican crews they wouldn't really get half the disdain they get, but in addition to being ugly & poorly designed, they also fall the fuck apart
>>
>>1220308

>>LAWYER FOYERS
>Google does not assist me with discerning the meaning of this term. Please try to meme more clearly.

Google image it you insufferable tart
>>
>>1220316
I did.
>>
File: kys.png (3MB, 1895x732px) Image search: [Google]
kys.png
3MB, 1895x732px
>>1220317

just start reading http://mcmansionhell.com/
>>
>>1220321
I don't understand what makes them distinct from normal foyers.
Communicate clearly please.
>>
>>1220324

Imagine a normal, tasteful foyer. Like an elegant girl from a farming community. Now take her to Las Vegas, tart her up, give her a lower back tattoo, raise the ceiling up to the second story, and make it gaudy and pretentious as fuck. Now you have a Lawyer Foyer.
>>
>>1220303
Also curious.
>>
>>1220757

Of course they do. If the second story collapses just because OP and his wife weigh 600 lbs together then the design is faulty and the architect or engineer will be to blame.

Also, some nicer designs have large open spaces that are possible only because a steel I-beam or a manufactured laminated wood beam can carry the upper floor or whatever across the span. This sort of design is not done casually and requires calculations or simulations especially to take into consideration that americans are bigger than most other people of the world who don't have access to inexpensive nutritional diets.
>>
>>1220210
No, that's eminent domain. Now answer my original question.
>>
>>1220918
I am a third anon and looked through the chain, it's so fucking convoluted, that the question can't be discerned.

As far as I can tell it went:
>ay lameo looks like a 1950's house
>inholdings are shit
>I own shit property near public land
>farming
>implying you own it
>tragedy of the commons, therefore only solution is communism
>imminent domain
>eminent domain

Please tell use what your original question was.
>>
>>1219476
> Implying a single male needs more than a small kitchen to meal prep 4 days meals at one time

>>1219312
This is the exact opposite of what a single person or a couple with no children need.

>>1218893
Define a 1000 sq ft and under 'modern' open layout. Throw some Eichler in it too.
>>
>>1220953
https://www.architecturaldesigns.com/house-plans/tiny-2-bed-modern-house-plan-69629am

This pile of shit? How is this 'modern' shit any better than op?
>>
>>1220956
These are sheds and combination shed car ports.
>>
>>1220953
>1000 sq ft

For 1000 square feet just buy an old house, it's not cost effective to build small houses anymore.
>>
>>1220959
>buying land
That's not how micro mobile homes work.
>>
>>1220961
Then just buy a single wide.
>>
>>1220962
>believing in ownership
That's not how millennial work.
>>
File: disgstd.gif (1MB, 343x255px) Image search: [Google]
disgstd.gif
1MB, 343x255px
>>1219312
>all doors open inwards
>chimney at the exterior wall
>bubble bath and media center in same room
>"marble pedestal"
why
>>
>>1220968
>>all doors open inwards

that's how all exterior doors work. they might have a storm door or a screen door that opens outwards, but the actual door always opens inwards.
>>
>>1221134
what about for two rooms that connect to the same hallway but have a connecting door between them?
>>
>>1222392
>r two rooms that connect to the same hallway

when I used the word "exterior doors" I meant doors on a structure that open to the exterior. In your example, it sounds like the door opens from one room to another room. In america, at least, neither room would be considered to be exterior to the basic structure.
>>
File: house.png (213KB, 605x274px) Image search: [Google]
house.png
213KB, 605x274px
>>1216809
Fight me. Fuck your porch.
>>
>>1222475
This.
Plus lose the wall in the kitchen separating it from living area.
>>
>>1220308
Incoherent design, just a mish-mash of roofs, secondary masses, and so on. It's like you told a 5 year old what different architecture styles were and then let them design the house.
>>
File: house2.png (210KB, 593x268px) Image search: [Google]
house2.png
210KB, 593x268px
>>1222475
Right after posting I realized I could've just connected the bathroom to the living room and enlarged the bedroom. That restores the option of putting the door on the bedroom side, too.
>>
File: slide_11813_155873_large.jpg (46KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
slide_11813_155873_large.jpg
46KB, 550x400px
>>1220321
Fucking hell
>>
File: 1501935537976.png (218KB, 593x268px) Image search: [Google]
1501935537976.png
218KB, 593x268px
>>1222482

I made some changes:

The kitchen fucking sucked. Change that one section into a bar between the kitchen and living room, no one's sitting down for dinner in this house anyway.

Bathroom is directly adjacent to the kitchen. It isn't for simplicity of plumbing since there's this weird elongated bathroom between then 'den or bedroom' and the living room. No one wants to be taking a shit so close to people while they're eating or cooking.

Hallway ridiculously narrow.

No backyard access.

Added some storage to kitchen, a fridge, and NO ONE is living in a house this compact with that many bedrooms.
>>
>>1222537

oh and there was no central air return for the hvac
>>
>>1216809
>1) finding someone to draw this up
It's right fucking there, idiot.

>>1216821
>Define finish.
You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1216809
OP, I'm in the middle of building a 40'x84' steel home on 10 acres and doing everything I can my self because I refuse to have a jew mortgage. Shit sucks, let me tell you that. I've been installing a 42" stone wainscot for the last three weekends, only 200 liner feet to go! I just keep telling myself "one bite at a time" You can do it OP just plan one everything taking longer and have 10x the patients you thought you were going to need.
>>
>>1223719
>steel home
is that code for prefab elements?
>>
>>1222537
>fuck dungeon

sold.
>>
File: modern.png (137KB, 587x744px) Image search: [Google]
modern.png
137KB, 587x744px
>>
>>1223979
Could be steel stud. Are those a thing anymore? Back in the 90's everyone was talking about that shit and these days I don't hear anything anymore.

>>1224029
Do you like your living room? Do you like having a dishwasher? Guess what goes together really poorly? Doing anything in the common spaces of a house when the dishwasher running when you have an open kitchen. Same deal for cooking. The last thing I want to be doing is chilling in the living room cracking open a cold one with the boys when my girlfriend decides to start cooking some stir fry or something. Open kitchens fucking suck.
>>
>>1224058
>steel studs
They are king (and often required for some reason) for commercial work but the ability and low cost of unskilled labor to mash cheap pine boards together beats the moderate brainpower needs for metal framing. Plus for things like second stories you can just keep nailing bits of wood together into supports, no need to get an engineered or welded construction.
>>
>>1224058
>only having one living room
That's where you fucked up.
>>
>>1224058
Metal studs are popular in Europe especially for nonload bearinfpg walls where masonary is used in load bearing walls.
In Toronto, Canada, I've seen them used in new condo being built this year.
>>
>>1217207
People circlejerk about how comfy a house looks, but fresh Levittown housing blocks were some of the comfiest housing imaginable.
>>
>>1222537
What are you drawing this in?
>>
>>1224377

9000 hours in MSpaint
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1223979
No, weld together
>>
File: ModernHomePlans_0015.jpg (10KB, 213x275px) Image search: [Google]
ModernHomePlans_0015.jpg
10KB, 213x275px
>>1216904
I don't see why people hate these houses so much, when there are so many worse looking, gaudy houses being built today. I mean, OP's might not be the best example, but some of these older houses have great lines. I wouldn't mind living in pic related. My only issue is that many of these that I like are a bit small and lack basements.
>>
>>1218684
usually those people are buying right at or just above their means so they need to work 6 sometimes 7 days a week and are never home to 'enjoy' their mcmansion - always at work. also no time to mow lawns... or they'd just be paying someone else to do it while at work.
>>
>>1225096
theyre space inefficient and dont offer much comfort in the way of exterior shade for hot weather, are a pain to clear when it snows, etc

the floorplans are also generally stupid, requiring you to move through rooms to get to other rooms instead of having a hallway as a trunk.

>>1225043
>4k photo
>it's on its fucking side
>photo is of trash
>garbage composition
at least its focused but holy shit nigger get it together. why are americans so bad at photography? fucking phoneposters ffs
>>
>>1219312
McMansion as fuck, senpai
>>
>>1216809
The kitchen is the wrong shape and the dining room is isolated and small.
>>
>>1225320
Fuck you. 4chan rotates the pictures you fuck.
>>
>>1225354
Okay. What is the 'correct' shape? Also who cares about a dining room when you're all /foreveralone/
>>
So anon in >>1225872 mentioned software called Chief Architect. Seems relevant to this thread.
>>
>>1225574
>a dining room

aka tool room where you put the drill press and the bench grinder.

and if you're lucky the 12 ton HF press.

now, I don't advise any of you young men to give up on women and family life, but once you do, as long as you don't have any alimony or child support payments, life is pretty much easy street.
>>
>>1216809
they've already drawn it up. just send them your $22.50 already.
>>
>>1225544
are you sure you don't have Auto-Rotate on your phone so the phone orients the photos correctly for your display even if the "true" orientation is wrong for most other displays?
>>
>>1226968
How do I correct that?
>>
>>1228287
Take a screenshot of whatever pic you're wanting to post. Post the screenshot. It won't be rotated.
>>
File: 1488822237170.jpg (174KB, 1336x812px) Image search: [Google]
1488822237170.jpg
174KB, 1336x812px
I like this plan
>>
>>1228316
bedroom #2 and #5 are really tiny. #3 and #4 pretty small considering the "playroom" is larger then all of them... I'd say a lil re-working of the 2nd floor is in order... also the dining room on 1st floor is isolated. chances are it'll be one of those "museum" rooms that'd only be used for thanksgiving and christmas dinners.
would be slightly less isolated if there were an entry direct to kitchen.
>>
>>1228293
Thanks
>>
>>1228316
>small and misshapen kitchen bathrooms and bedrooms
>>
>>1228506
The kitchen look fine to me? And what do you have against the bathroom?
>>
>>1224029
>>1228316
Is there really a need for this much bathrooms? I mean, it must be nice to have your own one, but keeping everything clean and all the extra plumbing that will eventually leak or clog makes the idea sound more like a nightmare to me. Also
>every bath door opens inwards
is just asking for trouble when someone faints inside and blocks the door.
>>
The plans are so old and out there. You may be able to track down a working set of plans from an already built house.
>>
>>1216809
Op, I can draw you a 3d model. Of the home on solid works for a small fee
>>
>>1228628
>>every bath door opens inwards
pretty typical of all rooms ever made in the history of the world. doors don't open out where they would impede evacuation. you know, for fires and that.
>>
>>1228741
>doors don't open out where they would impede evacuation
Then place them where they won't. And make fricken hallways wide enough for two people to pass each other without hugging the wall or open door to not block it completely (unless it's that entry-team-nightmare house or what was it). No, seriously, who thought it was a good idea to build a big house with spacious rooms then make people crawl through literal caves to get from one to another.
>>
File: Tablenextotoilet.jpg (361KB, 1632x916px) Image search: [Google]
Tablenextotoilet.jpg
361KB, 1632x916px
>>1222537
No problem with shitting where you ear
>>
>>1228628
>is just asking for trouble when someone faints inside and blocks the door.
Dutch door.
>>
>>1228853
>No, seriously, who thought it was a good idea to build a big house with spacious rooms then make people crawl through literal caves to get from one to another.
People were smaller. My houses is a couple decades old and I see over the shower head. And I'm a fucking 5'11" manlet.
>>
>>1225096
Bigger version?
>>
>>1216809
listen anon, it take like 2 guys to do the framing 2 weks max. You can do it yourself, just get a good concrete foundation guy.
>>
>>1228628
>faints inside and blocks the door.
How, are they a 500 pound whale? It's easy to push a door open while a limp body is leaning against it. Doors that open outwards run the risk of hitting people outside, which can cause injuries if someone's carrying something or in a hurry. That might be why every bathroom door I've seen opens inwards.

In the case of that floor plan, the first floor bathroom's door would open into the hallway connecting the kitchen and the dining room. Someone's carrying hot soup from the kitchen. The guy in the bathroom swings the door open, unable to see what's outside. Enjoy your third degree burns.

Inward doors also allow someone inside to close the door if they get walked in on after forgetting to lock it.
>>
>>1228316
Weird plan.

Which climate is this for? Because the placement of those windows is peculiar; I mean which wall is supposed to catch the light? Looking at the top floor it looks like the top of plan is the cold wall (no windows) but then the ground floor has the master bedroom and living room facing it? Also that means bedroom 3's walk robe with a ?window? is gonna be a hot box.

There seems to be a lot of wasted space with the placement of rooms and little halls everywhere. The location of the dining room would annoy the hell out me, isolated from all the other living spaces, why?
>>
>>1229168
The biggest problem with door that open outside the room is it can be blocked from the outside then you are trapped.
>>
>>1229177
South. east/west windows are minimized. Most windows are north/south. Bedroom 4/5 are probably going to be the hottest.

The nook is actually used for dinning.

The little halls are tiny, it's not like they are long running hallways?
>>
File: tdMpKqw.gif (2MB, 375x310px) Image search: [Google]
tdMpKqw.gif
2MB, 375x310px
>>1229168
>It's easy to push a door open while a limp body is leaning against it
Body can fall into a corner between the wall and the door, or get lodged between the door and something inside. I heard of the story where that actually happened. A moderately obese guy had a heart attack or something and fell between the door and toilet bowl, they couldn't open the door wide enough to do anything with him and didn't have tools on hand to break it so by the time they finally got him out it was already too late. Moral of the story was - tight rooms with no windows or other means of access have their doors open outwards.
Though I guess it's not that much of a problem when the entire house is made of cardboard you can just walk through by accident if you're not careful where you're going.

>Someone's carrying hot soup from the kitchen. The guy in the bathroom swings the door open, unable to see what's outside. Enjoy your third degree burns.
Again, place the bath where this won't happen, like in a dead end or somewhere else out of the way.
>>
>>1229202
>The biggest problem with door that open outside the room is it can be blocked from the outside then you are trapped.
It doesn't take much effort to block the door that opens inwards either
>>
>>1229410
That pic only work when you are inside blocking a door that opens inwards.
>>
>>1229461
Depending on the chair or other oblect, door frame and door handle/latch it can work both ways, though maybe not exactly in a way pictured.

By the way, if you really end up blocked inside and have to kick the door out it's generally easier to do when it opens outside since you only have to force your way through a lock or whatever object is holding the door and not the entire door frame.
>>
>>1218714
This. That design is fucking wack.
>>
>>1229405
Your story is fake. Any paramedics or ambulances equipped to deal with a heart attack also have tools to break down a door. It can even be done with a common household hammer.

Add >>1229410 >>1229476 to that and it's safe to say you're trolling. Your imaginary guy is intentionally blocking himself inside the room now, and he also has someone outside sabotaging the lock to try to block him in.
>>
>>1230542
>it cannot possibly be that the standards of emergency medical help are not the same all over the world and the ambulance does not always arrive within five minutes no matter what backwards shithole in the middle of nowhere it is
>hurr he must be trolling
typical americunt

>common household hammer
dude you won't believe how many people are outright afraid of tools, much less have any at home
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.