[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get better? Is it possible to make a seamless connection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 20170725_094239.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170725_094239.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
How do I get better? Is it possible to make a seamless connection mig welding?
>>
Next time continue the weld for another 1/2" or so.
>>
>>1216651
It was on a tube and it was at a moment where i had to stop and turn it over
>>
>>1216644
I like to pull the puddle back a bit. Seems to makes the seam look a bit better
>>
>>1216644
Looks good to me. Better than the products made by my company.

So basically, you're better then a bunch of Chinese children.
>>
>>1216644
Looks like your wire speed might be a bit high and you are dragging the pool.
>>
>>1216644
so much undercut
>>
>>1216644
>Is it possible to make a seamless connection mig welding?
All welding methods leave a seam, so no. If you meant "smooth, fully penetrated, free of inclusions or voids" then yes, but it's trickier than other common methods, especially at restarts. If you need to ensure good penetration at a restart, gouge out the end of the bead to as deep as it needs to penetrate. This also helps smooth the profile of the restart. Just be sure to gouge it out far enough back that the puddle is nice and hot by the time you get to the fresh base metal.

Also, resize images as appropriate. Do you really think we need twelve megapixels to see the weld?
>>
>>1216675
fuck off, i'd rather some giant image then some tiny piece of shit with 3 pixels
>>
File: shoop da whoop.jpg (292KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
shoop da whoop.jpg
292KB, 1008x756px
>>1216697
>the only size options are different by a factor of four million
>>
>>1216644
backstep and feather end your next weld at the start of your first weld and it will give you a flatter profile
>>
>>1216644
Looks like to much heat are you pushing or pulling the weld pool
>>
>>1216675
>suggesting a layman to use gouging procedure

Did bebby just learn a new word to impress your friends on /diy/ with?

Gouging is serious shit, not to be taken lightly.
>>
File: AngleGrinder.jpg (131KB, 1200x714px) Image search: [Google]
AngleGrinder.jpg
131KB, 1200x714px
>>1218628
>Gouging is serious shit, not to be taken lightly.
Certainly, but it should already be within OP's capabilities. Perhaps you have forgotten that "gouging" is a general term for various processes that produce a particular result, and that specialized industrial procedures with "gouging" in their name are not the only ways to achieve it.
>>
>>1218865
>>
>>1219065
>material prep is the same thing as finishing
>>
>>1216667
This

You need to slow the fuck down and make sure you tie in to the base metal at the top and bottom of the weld. Also it looks like you may have done a straight drag here which can work but try to make small cursive e's or o's, might help you tie in better.

As for the seams just run the puddle into the existing weld a bit

What machine? Material thickness?
>>
>>1216644
U N D E R C U T
N
D
E
R
C
U
T
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.