[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings /diy/ I'm in the process of water proofing my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 4

File: basement panel.jpg (147KB, 1537x671px) Image search: [Google]
basement panel.jpg
147KB, 1537x671px
Greetings /diy/ I'm in the process of water proofing my basement and then I get to the my breaker panel and I'd really like to seal behind it.

Now I need to have work done on the service coming into the house anyways so I was thinking that I would have just skip this part of the wall, have an electrician move the panel, and seal over the old spot afterwards.

My question to you is, does anyone know if there is an Ohio building code that requires the panel to be a minimum distance away from exterior windows? Only thing I can find in the NEC is minimum work space clearance.
>>
>>1216640
If you need to get behind it, just move it out for a while. (though, it is safer to disconnect the service first).
Lots of times we just unscrew them from the wall and hang them with a bit of romex.

Not an Ohio sparky, but I can't recall any code for that.

post pr0n of inside box plz. Looks like older panel but still good. Though I am a bit worried about how the wires are strung about it.
>>
File: XXX.jpg (469KB, 1125x2017px) Image search: [Google]
XXX.jpg
469KB, 1125x2017px
>>1216663
I do commercial low voltage stuff so I am not pleased about the wire routing, but I have seen far worse.
>>
File: for what purpose.jpg (146KB, 1031x873px) Image search: [Google]
for what purpose.jpg
146KB, 1031x873px
>>1216663
>>1216677
And the knocked this guy out for some reason.

I already rewired the basement outlets because the geniuses decided to run all the basement outlets through 1 GFCI.

Worked great until some random bullshit thing killed my sump pump in a rainstorm.
>>
File: IMG_1957.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1957.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1216677
>>1216678
Indiana sparky here, I just puked.....
I would replace that whole panel and make it look a shit ton better but that because electricians are anal ass holes. I will say one thing, the nec and nfpa both do not say anything about that in regards to windows. But they both say it local code jurisdictional authority has the last say so on what needs to be done and with my experience of work in Ohio they are very fucking anal and picky.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.