[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From a buyers prespective, is there any reason not to go modular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2017-07-20-11-53-47.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-20-11-53-47.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
From a buyers prespective, is there any reason not to go modular for any type of product? House, phone, pc, boat, ect...

Picture unrelated
>>
>>1216592
Modular devices typically lack compactness, outward aesthetics and can often be complex, driving away customers that may otherwise buy.

>I can sell you this modular phone, which comes with decent specs but will need additional purchases and software revisions to get more features like a camera, longer battery or a louder speaker.
>Or I can sell you this uPhone, it does it all for u. Just buy it and use it.

Grandma:
>uPhone
Teenagers:
>uPhone
Soccer moms:
>uPhone
(((OP))):
>I'll take a modular phone with the Fleshlight add-on please
>>
File: P320-sigevolution-3guns.jpg (200KB, 1257x975px) Image search: [Google]
P320-sigevolution-3guns.jpg
200KB, 1257x975px
>>1216592
>s there any reason not to go modular for any type of product?

When you realize the modularity comes at a usually ridiculous cost. Case in point I bought a p320 for the "modularity" aspect as I would be able to have a full size, compact and subcompact with only one gun. Then I saw that the conversion kits were basically the price of an entire gun.

The pistol cost me like $550 but the conversion kits are going for $400 so I may as well buy another gun rendering the original purpose moot.
>>
from what I understand its the two points up top as well as the fact that being built with a single design in mind will let it perform better, be smaller, be cheaper and honestly you are going to find the one configuration you like and stick to it. hell you might change some stuff every once in a blue moon but you probably aren't going to be changing shit out every week
>>
>>1216592
I bought a modular phone, the fair phone. It was wonderful as you could actually open it up and change components. But it was ridiculously expensive for the specs and full of bugs because it was such a small batch. Thankfully I dropped it so that it broke so badly that I needed a new phone.
>>
>>1216605
I lol'd at this
>>
>>1216957
>small batch
Would have been overpriced and buggy as hell even if it wasn't modular. It's even the case with some flagships that aren't small batches.
>>
>>1216592

I ordered a modular toilet off alibaba. You can change the tank just by turning two little knobs and you pull the old tank off and snap the new one on. You don't have to mess with bolts or water connections. Amazing tech.

Best thing I ever bought for the trailer.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.