[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm re-caulking the inside corners and around the tub

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: shower.jpg (585KB, 1536x2299px) Image search: [Google]
shower.jpg
585KB, 1536x2299px
So I'm re-caulking the inside corners and around the tub (blue lines) because the caulk was getting moldy but as you can see there are two places where the inside corners meet the outside edge of the wall tile (red lines) which has perfectly good caulk.

I know caulking over old caulk is a big no no but I'd really hate to remove the caulk alongside the outside edge because that would ruin the paint. So I wonder if there is a high risk of moisture seeping in where blue meets red due to a bad bond should I choose not to remove all the caulk there or maybe it's all good since water should not be reaching that high anyway.
>>
>>1215491
why are you here op?
you know what the options are, what the room is like, how messy you are in the shower, where the water goes.
do you really trust the opinion of an anonymous stranger over your own?

you will inevitably get two kinds of reply telling you to go either way. which one will you take and which will you ignore?

the truth is you already know what is the right way to do it and you already know what solution you are going to adopt, you are simply here to ease your conscience.

this is simply procrastination.
>>
>>1215491
IF and IF the shower was installed correctly, you don't need to seal any of those lines. There will be cement board and a moisture barrier behind it. The grout does the work of dispersing the water appropriately.

The only place to seal is the one you didn't mark: where the basin meets the floor of the bathroom. you don't want any seepage into that joint.
>>
>>1215491
u can use a anti mold spray on the moldy looking sealant or remove all blue line sealant + the bit on floor as already mentioned and re-seal. The join between the old sealant (red lines) and the new (blue) will be fine. Just make sure that basin to floor line is also sealed.
>>1215529
>>
>>1215491
just buy a new house
>>
>>1215517
I know but... the paint. I was just doing some preemptive work and now I have to PAINT? Before opening this thread I had already removed most of the blue line caulk and was ready to seal the whole thing, but then I reached the top inner corners and realized the outside edge was caulked aswell.

>>1215529
>>1215559
>IF and IF the shower was installed correctly, you don't need to seal any of those lines
Well, that's just not something I would know. I'm just replacing like for like here, and I'm definitely not leaving an open gap there.
>The only place to seal is the one you didn't mark: where the basin meets the floor of the bathroom. you don't want any seepage into that joint.
Should I? There's a grout line there though. On second thought, there is a bit of separation between the grout and the basin. What should I use there?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.