[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

making a homemade aquarium chiller, need my tanks to stay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

making a homemade aquarium chiller, need my tanks to stay at 17C any ideas ?
>>
>>1215373
Peltier Thermoelectric Module.

Apply DC power and one side gets hot the other gets cold. You'll need a heat sink for both sides. Put the cool side in the water pump flow and perhaps a fan on the hot side. Add a thermostat to it and you are golden.
>>
>>1215394
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnKlIc6oCCg
>>
but aluminium toxicity
>>
>>1215395
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJWWpokFoQM
>>
>>1215399
A heat sink can be anything that conducts heat well. You can also paint an aluminum one in a pinch then cure it properly.
>>
>>1215399
you could use a secondary heat exchanger in the chilled water connected directly to the aquarium. aluminum and copper are about the best conductors of heat tho.
>>
>>1215399
take the plastic tube thing of the pump and twist it arround the heat sink. But keeping at a constant level requires some sort of control. Try looking for on off control
>>
>>1215373
A cheap ass pump and a water cooler hooked up to thermostat? Can pick up a water cooler dirt cheap used. If you don't want to cycle fish water through it maybe just a coil in the tank.
>>
>>1215468
you know that this isn't enough if room temps are above 17°C right?
>>
>>1215470
I'm not sure what kind of cooling those things can handle tbhfam, no idea what size his tanks are and what ambient temp is.
>>
>>1215476
And there's a few guys out there that I've seen convert then for controlling fermentation temps for home brew, which is why I suggested it.
>>
>>1215373
Couldent you just put the fish tank inside of a refrigerator with a glass door?
>>
>>1215476
I think there was miscommunication between us, as I come from /g/ I automatically presumed you were mentioning a basic cpu watercooling unit, that by design can't go lower than roomtemp because the liquid is cooled passively, and not actively by a peltier module.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding
>>
Interesting, what for?
I'm thinking not that Axolotl, they can be at 25-28
>>
>>1215501
Ah cheers
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.