[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody know how this type of buttons work? Or what they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170723_170432552.jpg (1MB, 2952x5248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170723_170432552.jpg
1MB, 2952x5248px
Anybody know how this type of buttons work? Or what they're called? I'm trying to bypass one with a couple of wires for a tripwire but don't know wtf they are. Look like alien technology or something
>>
>>1214641
Not sure but I assume the rubber buttons has some metal contacts on the bottom of the buttons that connects those circuit traces.
>>
>>1214647
this is right but if he is really building a trip wire you might be in trouble for assisting a terorist.
>>
>>1214641
Just a basic switch anon. The pad (conductive) makes contact between the fingers and there ya go. Normal push-button switch will work.
>>
File: IMG_20170723_171821404.jpg (3MB, 5248x2952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170723_171821404.jpg
3MB, 5248x2952px
>>1214647
There's no metal. Just some black pads
>>
>>1214652
>terrorist
These days eating a hamburger makes you a terrorist in some folks minds.
>>
Those are membrane switches, specifically the rubber dome variety. The bottom of the sheet of rubber is made from a conductive rubber made with graphite. The black parts on the PCB are regular copper traces with a carbon coating to protect them from corrosion. When you push the button the conductive rubber touches both wires underneath it and creates a fairly high impedance connection.
>>
The gernam name is "Folientastatur" - i guess you murricans call it "membrane button"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Membrane_keyboard

hope that will help!
>>
>>1214662
german (fixed)
>>
>>1214659
>>1214662
Thanks! That's the name I was looking for. So to bypass them I would just solder wires to the 3 contact points right? There's some film on top of the circuit board, think it'll just peel off?
>>
File: solder here.jpg (19KB, 388x301px) Image search: [Google]
solder here.jpg
19KB, 388x301px
>>1214664

no, you dont peel off the black stuff. that's needed to make the switch work for a long time. what you do is scrape off the green solder mask as shown and solder 2 tiny 30-gauge wires there.
>>
File: 1500846979442.jpg (16KB, 388x301px) Image search: [Google]
1500846979442.jpg
16KB, 388x301px
>>1214697
Thanks. Shouldn't I solder a third wire like in this pic since there's 3 dots, and then connect then all?
>>
>>1214716

that's interesting. never seen that 3-rd wire before in any remote. my guess is it's used to wake up the unit whenever any key is pressed. in any case, trial and error will tell you whether 2 wires is enough.
>>
>>1214725
Ok thanks I'll try 2 at first and see where that gets me. Any tricks to getting the green film off without damaging the circuitry?
>>
>>1214728
Different anon here. If you have a dremel with a scouring pad type attachment, use it gently. Or just scrape carefully with a pocket knife. You could also do chemical stripping.
>>
File: rounded x-acto blade.jpg (33KB, 170x135px) Image search: [Google]
rounded x-acto blade.jpg
33KB, 170x135px
>Any tricks to getting the green film off without damaging the circuitry?

i've been doing this a long time, and the best way i've found is to use an x-acto knife with a rounded blade. you can find this kind of thing at the dollar store now; the blades are crap, but more than good enough for scraping.

also, if it's doable, it's best to drill a tiny hole right next to where you're gonna solder, so most of the wire will be in the other side of the PCB, and not interfere with the keyboard. however, this requires trained eyes to see if you're gonna cut any traces while drilling.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.