[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could anyone point me towards a good source robotics information?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 826330364_934.jpg (46KB, 800x576px) Image search: [Google]
826330364_934.jpg
46KB, 800x576px
Could anyone point me towards a good source robotics information? (Mechanical aspect of arms, joints etc and not so much on the electronics)
>>
>>1214496
>Mechanical aspect of arms, joints etc
like what?
get a maths textbook, read about forces and moments. figure out what you want to lift, check tables of materials for strengths per section to figure out what your building it out of.
>>
You should learn about DH parameters if you are going to be creating the arm controller yourself

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denavit%E2%80%93Hartenberg_parameters
>>
>>1214498
Someone has already done the math and experiments on these things. Why re-invent the wheel?
>>
>>1214510
Because you absolute fucking nork it depends what you want to do.
Do you want to lift something heavy? Do you want to do it really quickly? Do you want to move something a large distance? Do you want to move something really really really tiny?
Do you want to pick up round things or square things, hard things or soft things.
Etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.
I'll tell you what once you figure out what you want let us all know and as a team we will find a ready made arm that does what you want for you then youth can contact the manufacturer and ask for the plans, I'm sure they will just hand then to you no questions asked.
Otherwise if you want an open source arm to copy the design of WHY DON'T YOU FUCKING GOOGLE IT YOU DENSE CUNT.
>>
>>1214504
Op said he doesn't need help with the controller so presumably he can conjure inverse kinematics in his sleep. Lets not patronise him anon clearly he is a genius.
>>
>>1214517
>>1214516
Wow you guys are pathetic
>>
>>1214518
Come on op play the ball not the man
>>
>>1214517
This.

I've done this in school. You wanna mathematically setup how a robot moves this is how you do it. From here you can figure out the rest of the details such as:

>>1214516

There really is no copy and paste in this field. More about either finding a good fit with a pre-existing model or you're rolling your own. The first thing you need to understand before math or what exists is your working envelope and your reachable envelope.

With respect to OPS original question, take your pick, it's all the same and just as useful/useless depending on your perspective.

https://www.amazon.ca/Introduction-Robotics-Mechanics-Control-3rd/dp/0201543613#productDescription_secondary_view_div_1500846942233
>>
Exploded diagrams schematics from a robot user manual is the next best thing only to taking one apart yourself
>>
Start googling ; Arduino, hackaday(dot)io, thingiverse, & robotic arm project.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.