[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been looking to get into buying old brand name shoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 0523.Shoe.jpg (259KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
0523.Shoe.jpg
259KB, 550x413px
I've been looking to get into buying old brand name shoes and refurbishing them on the cheap but most resources online seem to be shilling some product (reshoevinator).

What are some ways to fill in cracked leather? Loads of people plug this "special" leather acrylic paint called angelus paint. But apparently the stuff will peel and chip unless you seal it with another specialty product. This leads me to think that this special leather paint is no different than those bottles of paint at the craft section of the dollar store. But just to be safe what can I do to enhance the flexibility and durability of acrylic paint? I was thinking of mixing it with some rubber cement.

Also any tips on dyeing canvas shoes without dunking them into the bucket?

Any other shoes refurbishing tips?
>>
>>1213976
I have no idea for white shoes but for black and tan shoes you just use shoe polish and polish them. I mean, that is kind of what it is made for. It protects the shoe, fills in scuffs and cracks, and conditions the shoe to keep it flexible.
>>
>>1214006

I'm talking out my ass right now, but i believe I've seen white shoe polish before.
>>
>>1213976
Try gesso. It's made for priming canvases and is stickier than ordinary paint. It also stays slightly more flexible than regular paint over the months, not sure how long it'll stay flexible though, like all paints it'll dry out and cure more as time goes on
>>
>>1214234
Oh and you can mix most acrylics into it. So try clear gesso
>>
>>1214225
it's for lightening your lofers
>>
Go to the paint store and buy any old cheap flat white but ask them to put a shot of black in it, they'll know you're a pro. It comes out just barely off white but it covers 90% more of leather cracks than straight white.
>>
>>1214225
Someone admitting right away they might be wrong. What has this site come to.
>>
>>1213976

>leather creame
>leather shoe polish

Just match the color the best you can.

If leather is died grabba good vrand name rattle can of the closest color u can find, spray a tiny bit on a microfiber cloth, spray a tiny bit of leather conditioner on it, rub like hell. BEWARE the conditioner will pul some color uo and help blend the paint in so keep it the fuck off any other colors.

These methods also work great on leather house furniture and car upholstry
>>
>>1214225
Yup. All colors if u look hard enough.

White is good for custom coloring yourself!
>>
>>1216342
...thats nothing. I mafe a post on /b inquiring about wtf was going on with me and my meds and that i pretty much am just gonna jump off a bridge soon. Got 20+ replies. Not 1 called me a faggot, said kys, or said do a flip faggot.

Summer is almost over perhaps?
>>
>>1216299
Came here to post this.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.