[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought a house about 2 years ago and it's time to pressure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Bought a house about 2 years ago and it's time to pressure wash the driveway and siding. What is the appropriate PSI to aim for? Gas or electric? Any other recommendations?
>>
any of your generic washers is going to fit the bill.. to do your deck, get some deck wash, and use a stiff bristle brush and a wide fan on the washer.

too much pressure and it just furs up the wood. wood is delicate.

siding, if metal (aluminum or steel), then the same applies.. soap with the unit, use a softer brush and then wash off. pressure isn't going to matter.

i've done my driveway, deck and siding using an electric 1500psi with great results.. i now have a 2500psi gas model and realistically.. other than running out of gas every 20 minutes, the outcome isn't all that different
>>
>>1213583
This.

Even a garden hose with a jet nozzle is more than sufficient for most of these cleaning jobs.
>>
>>1213561
personally i have a 2000 psi electric i got for 150 (search sunjoe on amazon). extremely cheap and quiet to run and more than enough for cleaning the cars and house.
>i actually calculated it an it cost literally 75c for about 3 hours of use in my area
>>
Go to home Depot and rent one of those rotating pressure washer things. Or just buy one. They cut down the amount of work required by like 10 times.
>>
>>1213583
>too much pressure and it just furs up the wood. wood is delicate.

>>1213690
>Go to home Depot and rent one of those rotating pressure washer things.

first poster is correct, but second is as well, even though they are at opposite ends of the deck cleaning spectrum. The rotating tip is what is also called a zero tip except that it moves in a circle. Zero refers to the fact that there is no fan at all, and it will drill a hole in wood if it stays in one place.

The rotating tip is awesome for things like stripping paint off of concrete or bricks. It can ruin a deck if you are not careful. On the other hand, if the deck is black with mildew or algae, sometimes you have to be brutal.
>>
>>1213583
>other than running out of gas every 20 minutes, the outcome isn't all that different

How the hell are you managing this? The one I use at work (just a regular, medium-duty washer, almost identical to OP's picture) will run for well over 2 hours on its ~1 gallon tank.

But yeah, nah, upside of the higher-powered ones is that they usually come with additional flow rate. That can cut cleaning time pretty good.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.