[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought a house and there was this waist high fence like thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 20170721_104047.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170721_104047.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I bought a house and there was this waist high fence like thing that I took out.

Unfortunately when I took out the post, there's a little 4 by 4 hole in the floor.

How do I fix it? I had a slab of wood covering it but that's a temporary fix.

Pic related, it's my hole.
>>
>>1213191
With another piece of fucking wood
>>
>>1213193
Thanks I can't believe I hadn't thought of that
>>
>>1213194

Then if you did, why the hell make this thread? DO you think someone is going to have alien technology that can tell you an unconventional way to fix a relatively simple thing?

Add ledge on opposite side, cut out plywood, to fit.

Is your next thread going to be about how to change your oil or hang a picture of your waifu?
>>
>>1213196
You don't understand sarxasm, do you?

I was just looking for advice on how to fix something I have no experience with fixing and couldn't find anything online on how to fix.

Did you wake up with a cock in your ass or something this morning? There's literally no need to be this fucking hostile to someone for no reason...and don't give me that "it's 4chan you should expect that" horseshit either.

Goddamn, man...lighten the fuck up.
>>
>>1213191
dat carpet...
Depends on what is under the carpet.. If it's a hardwood floor you want to keep then things get more fun. If not then just plug it.
Similar to the way you plug a hole in wallboard.
Read here.
http://sawdustgirl.com/how-to-patch-a-hole-in-subfloor/
In the meantime put a thin piece of plywood over it and a rug.
>>
>>1213268
Thanks, this is pretty much what I was looking for.

And yyyeeeaaahhhhh the carpet is shit. They did a quick remodel to sell the place and bought the cheapest shit they could find. You should see the fucking paint they used.
>>
>>1213319
>You should see the fucking paint they used.

Did someone say "paint"?
>>
>>1213210
not that anon, but its 4chan and you should expect that shit
>>
>>1213268
fucking hell do not under any circumstance do this at all.
fixings are supposed to primarily impart a holding force to keep surfaces together, the friction between surfaces is what creates strength, not the fixing. (screw, nail etc)

you are supposed to cut the hole back to joist either side. get some offcuts the same size-ish as your joist and fix them parallel butted up to the joist the length of the hole either side.
a couple pieces perpendicular to the joists at either end of the hole too, either half in the hole half under the floor or double them up too if you want. fix into the joist if you can or your new sections will do if you are struggling.
then put your floor on that so its supported.

this you might as well just throw the fucking carpet over the hole. absolutely abysmal.

it annoys me that its a woman doing it too, not because she is clearly incompetent (i've seen men do worse, everyone is retarded except me of course) or that she is ruining the reputation of females in trades and adding fuel to fire but because there are apparently people too offended by men existing that they refuse to have something explained to them by one? is that why this exists? fuck me.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.