[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can any anons identify this fuse? It's some 15 amp 125v

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: fuse.jpg (28KB, 260x308px) Image search: [Google]
fuse.jpg
28KB, 260x308px
Can any anons identify this fuse? It's some 15 amp 125v shit but the guys at the hardware store said they have never seen it before . I need one but I have no clue how to find it.
>>
I think I found them but the ones I found are for 250v, can a 250v version replace a 125v one or will it fuck my shit up?
>>
>>1212708
Voltage doesn't matter, amperage matters. Find one of similar size with same amp rating and you're good. Doesn't matter if it's white or glass or whatever. They all blow the same.
>>
>>1212728
Let me rephrase this for the elitist crowd who will be here soon since I bumped this:
As long as your fuse is rated above the voltage your putting through it, it will be fine. I'm guessing it has to do with heat generated causing the fuse to blow prematurely, but that's irrelevant. A 250v 15a fuse will blow with 240v above 15 amps, 120v above 15 amps, 12v above 15amps, etc.
>>
>>1212708

Jesus christ superstar I hope you are trolling.

Fused and circuit breakers only care about current, or amperage if you are from /diy/.

If you can find a million volt fuse rated for your current or amperage buy it.

tl, dr, 250 volt fuse is fine. they probably don't make 120 volt fuses in the first place because of life and happiness.
>>
Looks like the standard fuse from British plugs. Extremely common.

Usually found in 8, 16, or 32 Amp versions.
>>
Just use a copper penny
>>
>>1212734
If you put a 460v 15a fuse into a 120v 15a slot, there will be a voltage drop due to higher resistance of the 460v plug. It would be like running 460v through 20 gauge wire, shit will burn up.
>>
>>1212752
>plugs
>8, 16, or 32 Amp

Bwuh?

BS1363 fuses are commonly 3, 5 & 13A (10A also exist but are not common).

There are larger, non-plug, cartridge fuses, with higher current ratings, but are uncommon these days (your mains in-commer may have a very large cartridge fuse in it, but you're not supposed to be touching that).
>>
>>1212757
Sounds good, how do I diy roll a copper penny into a tube shape?

>>1212734
>I hope you are trolling
Nope, just a brainlet

>>1212728
>>1212730
Thanks my dude

>>1212758
Wait so a 250v fuse will burn up? The fuse is for a lead acid battery smart charger, so I am kinda skittish about the whole thing

>>1212752
>Europe

Nope I'm a leaf
>>
Aluminium foil you dipshit
>>
>namefag who goes to and posts in BLACKED threads on /gif/

Fuck off loser
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (47KB, 446x329px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
47KB, 446x329px
>>1212683
Voltage doesn't matter. You should match the speed rating as well as amps.
>>
>>1212767
you mean bs1362 fuses right?
for bs1363 plugs.

the standard apparently allows any value of fuse up to 13A with only 3A and 13A with optional specific colors, others (5A, 10A e.g.) to be black.

i say apparently because fuck paying for having to read rules that you have a legal obligation to follow and fuck bsi for being greedy cunts
>>
>>1212858
What are the consequences of not using an identical speed rating? And I assume you mean voltage does not matter as long as you use higher than the specified voltage on the device, right?
>>
>>1212884
depends on the device.
inductive loads draw heavy currents at startup while stabalising the em field. motor will draw what like 2x? some wicked transformers draw like 50x on startup. but only for a few cycles or so, milliseconds. if you use a fast acting fuse it will blow constantly.
breakers in your house typically will allow 1.6x the rated current continuously. scary stuff look up breaker curves.

yes ideally match the voltage. if you don't its possible it could ionise and jump the gap but its unlikely because typically the voltage dictates the physical size so hopefully it won't fit.
on the other hand say you had a resistive load like a radiator? pulls heavy current constantly but under a fault condition you want the fuse to blow pretty quickly because overheating wires cause fires. or if you have some expensive equiptment, digital electronics usually are fast acting to blow up as little as possible when it goes up the shitter.
>>
>>1212884
Yes sorry I meant same or higher voltage rating on fuse is ok.
>>1212903
This
>>
>>1212881
>you mean bs1362 fuses right?

Yeah but I didn't want to confuse people.

>the standard apparently allows any value of fuse up to 13A with only 3A and 13A with optional specific colors, others (5A, 10A e.g.) to be black.

Yeah they do, but you'll have fun finding anything outside of 3/5/13. Even 10 is a bastard to find.

Common 1A (& 2A? I forget) are also a smaller size.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.