[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make the most of a fan motor. What type of blade gives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

How do I make the most of a fan motor. What type of blade gives the most thrust? I need it to blow as hard as it possibly can.
>>
ask your mom
>>
File: fan-KBB80-80_1_lg.jpg (368KB, 1000x821px) Image search: [Google]
fan-KBB80-80_1_lg.jpg
368KB, 1000x821px
>>1212044

squirrel cage fans are readily available. pic related is double but most are not. I just like the looks of this hurricane maker.
>>
>>1212044
Get a small VFD for it and crank the frequency up until it slips.
>>
>>1212632
>Get a small VFD for it and crank the frequency up until it slips.

what the everloving fuck are you on.

next thing you'll be adding a shot of black.
>>
>>1212044
place a bottle full of ice infront of it
>>
>>1212044
Do you want highest CFM or highest air pressure?
Also, what kind of motor. Do you have a broken fan you are trying to re purpose?
>>1212052 is generally the most efficient fan/blower design.
>>
>>1212744
You can do a lot of cool shit with them. We had some VFDs in our shop and hooked up a box fan as a "visual aid" along with an o-scope so I could show the guys what they really did. It spun so fast it blow itself off the table. After strapping it down I got it to run for a few minutes, but the windings got so hot the plastic housing melted and it completely broke but god DAMN that thing was moving air.
There are a lot of single phase motors that won't work with them though. Anything with a commutator is NFG.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.