[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have a 24v drill battery that wont hold charge for more than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

i have a 24v drill battery that wont hold charge for more than 10 minutes, i dont have any spare cells, how do i check the cells and can i remove them without replacing them? i.e convert the battery to a lower voltage

>pic the battery i have
>>
>>1211932
i tested the battery with multimeter and it seems to hold about 16v
>>
take it all apart. assuming it's nicd or nimh cells, a dead cell will show approx 0V after the motor has run down, whereas a healthy one will be around 1.2V. replace the 0V ones, and you should get a few weeks or months of use until one or more old cells decide to kick he bucket. then repeat until you've replaced them all.
total replacement cost will be just shy of the price of a new drill.
it'll be cheaper if you order directly from China, but you never know what you're gonna get.
>>
>>1211932
You'll have to take it apart and check each cell individually with a multimeter.

DESU, just replace all the cells at the same time. Running a battery pack with unbalanced cells makes all the cells burn out faster.
>>
>>1211935
Well then its fucked.
If your not even going to tell us the chemistry then your better off not fucking going anywhere near it. These things are dangerous.
>>
>>1211987
I fully charged it and it was about 25v when I checked it with a multimeter, but after few minutes the battery was dead
>>
>>1211932
>>1212424

Tbh if it's some storebrand drill with no battery packs available, you're probably better off with just getting new one. The battery is probably NiCd/NiMH, and like >>1211969 said it's going to get expensive and old ones will kick the bucket soonish too. Just bin the thing, scrap off some components like motor if you want and invest in a tool you can buy new batteries for(think you can get batteries even for Skil if you look out for them).
>>
>>1212453
What budget drill would you recommend?
>>
>>1211932
Do like me. Buy uo all of the outdated matching tools u can with shit nickle batteries. Get a spot welder and good 18650 cells. Soend some time on youtube and then gut and convert chargers and batteries to lithium.

I seriously spent $100 on a craftsman cordless drill, $150 on a sawzall, $150 on a skill saw and they all had shit nickle batteries. Then i bought 2 more drills, a 1/4" impact driver, another sawzall, a light, another skill saw and some other shit with like 10 batteries and 4 chargers for another $50 all together from auctions and yard sales.

Pretty soon i will have a legit lithium setup with limitless anounts of battery for cheap.
>>
>>1212489
I dunno, the one that isn't above your budget and you can get reasonably well? Ryobi would probably serve you well, altough they can be more expensive in here Europe. Skil, Einhel, Hitachi, even store brands etc might also work depending what you do too, I use personally store brand 16V chordless drill with two batteries for my stuff(paid like 50 euros for the drill and another battery cost me 20 - 30 euros), but I mostly use it to drive screws or drilling wood.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.