[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What could I use to cut the lip off of a Rubbermaid container?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: H-3492GR.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
H-3492GR.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
What could I use to cut the lip off of a Rubbermaid container? Would a drywall saw work?
>>
Dry wall shears would work, but as long as you're careful anything works
>>
>>1211083
Ultilty knife would work good. It's too flimsy for the drywall saw. A hack saw blade would be cleaner.
>>
>>1211083
soldering iron. I'm kidding, but i am curious if that would work.
>>
>>1211091
nichrome wire and a current source.
alternatively, a normal knife with several passes.
>>
>>1211095
yes! thts kinda what i had in mind, but i couldnt articulate it. like an electric cheese cutter
>>
>>1211091
You jest, but I have a chinkshit 30w iron with a blade tip designated for just that task. Cut the bulk out with my "hot knife", do my cleanup with a blade. Comes up a treat for cutting holes in most thermoplastics
>>
+1 for this anon >>1211088
A sharp utility knife with maybe a metal ruler or some type of straight edge so you don't cut it all curvy af.
>>
Use the sharpened skull fragments of your enemies
>>
>>1211083
Jig saw
>>
>>1211083
Set it and forget it tier? A pool of acetone. It will melt the polyethylene and make it super pliable and easy to rip off.
>>
detcord one wrap and BANG the bitch is gone
>>
>>1211102
>Comes up a treat
what the fuck
>>
>>1211083
is anything heavy going in there? cutting the lip will make it much weaker
>>
>>1211083
CutCo knives. Buy my CutCo knives.
>>
>>1211283
buy his cutco knives
>>
>>1211288
agree, OP buy Anon's CutCo knives
>>
>>1211281
Nah, turning it upside down for a cat shelter but the lip catches rain water
>>
>>1211339
So drill holes through the top of the lip you peanut.
>>
>>1211345
I did that but it catches leaves and crap as well which clogs the holes. No lip = no maintenance
>>
>>1211083

Reciprocating saw. I'm assuming you don't have one or else this would have been obvious. I cut up a big plastic trash can the other day, shit was EZ with my Makita recipro
>>
>>1211083
Utility knife or some tin snips. Be careful if you go with the knife, plastic can give unexpectedly sometimes. I cut the fuck out of myself using one at work the other day cutting a vinyl window flange.
>>
>>1211584
Right angle grinder with a metal cutting disk.
>>
>>1212296

dremel on low speed would be better. less melting. also, reciprocating saw as suggested above will work too. or even a jigsaw.
>>
Protip
Heat.

Use a lighter to warm up a utility knife and make multiple passes to cut through.
>>
>>1212296
this or a jigsaw will also work ... sawzall if you have one.

the edges will be messy so just hit them with a brazing torch
>>
>>1213679
Edges won't be messy if you use a rotary tool with a cutoff disk. I have used them on plastic several times and they always seem to cut/melt and it comes out pretty clean.
>>
If you have a shitty little blow torch you could just soften it enough to cut it with any old knife or alternatively just smoosh the lip down into itself.
>>
>>1214171
or heat up the knife and slice it off
>>
>>1214194
Bout the same amount of effort I think. You Could soften up the plastic and cut it with a small knife or heat up a large knife and slice the plastic.
>>
Cut it sideways on a table saw.
>>
a(ny) razor blade
>>
Here's what you do, go down to Lowe's and have them pour a shot of black into a can of acetone. Heat up a table saw with a blow torch and fill the bin with acetone. Use a dremel in one hand and a sawsall in the other to push the bin along the table saw. Then there you have it, a decent bunker.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.