[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my freezer leaks water down my fridge. that container gets full

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: leaky leaky.png (612KB, 796x572px) Image search: [Google]
leaky leaky.png
612KB, 796x572px
my freezer leaks water down my fridge. that container gets full in about 3 days. can I fix this myself? I know which way to hold a screwdriver but that's about it.
>>
Water flows down a tube to a tray underneath to evaporate. It's probably clogged.
Mine clogs every couple of years or so.

I unclog mine with a shopvac.
-Find the end of the tube underneath. Mine's over a tray (that can be removed) toward the back
-Tape the end of the vac hose almost shut except for a gap big enough to fit on the refrigerator hose
-slip the end of the vac over the hose, then turn on the shop vac

Works for me errtime and takes about 10 minutes once you know where the end of the drain hose is.
>>
defrost the freezer
remove panel and clean off coils
if necessary, take everything out and let it melt all the ice stopping it from draining properly
>>
>>1210396
thanks, will try that
>>
>>1210387
>>1210396
This is fucking disgusting and made me gag even reading this shit.
>>
The drain is supposed to empty onto a flattish container which is mounted on top of the compressor's body. The warmth from the compressor causes it to evaporate and disappear.

This is generally a very reliable system - when it fails, it's usually because a drain hole is blocked. Pipe cleaners are the best thing to clean these holes out (from inside the fridge compartment)
>>
>>1210387
make sure the hose that runs along the back is free of obstructions.

>>1210396
^this
>>
>>1212015

This is excellent if it works. In the worst case scenario it will never drain properly (like mine). So mine drips into a container in the refrigerator compartment that I have to dump every few days in the humid summer and less often in the winter.

It seems like everything I own is crippled in some way.

The funny part of my fridge story is that I found it in the back yard of an abandoned trailer we were cleaning up. The door had been removed and all the hardware was scattered in the dirt. I assume the original owner got tired of it never defrosting properly. It's actually a fairly modern design, just one of the cheaper models.
>>
>>1210387
not just stuffing a shamwow in the freezer to collect all the water
>>
>putting your maple syrup in the fridge
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.