[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a room the door needs to be kept closed in all the time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1492542324982.jpg (104KB, 494x536px) Image search: [Google]
1492542324982.jpg
104KB, 494x536px
I have a room the door needs to be kept closed in all the time. The room has one window and one door. How can I most efficiently rig my room to suck in the cooler air from the hallway, and blow the hot air out the window? Would just having a window fan work enough to do this, or do I need something more complicated?
>>
>>1209451
I've neatly and properly installed a through-vent in a door that didn't have much ventilation. I just measured the center of the width, determined how high up I wanted it and cut it through with a jigsaw. Put a vent cover on both sides; airflow, just like a cold air return.
>>
>>1209471
I'm gonna have to be more subtle about it unfortunately. I'm in a shitty living situation where I can't just put in a window ac, but apparently a fan is allowed. Trying to basically steal the cool air from the rest of the house without having anything visible except the window fan.
>>
>>1209480
Putting a vent in the door seems somewhat viable. How else would you be able to pull in air? You can't just magically make it go appear, you have to create an area where it can flow through. On top of that the efficient way is to bring the cold air in and trap it in the room. A box fan would just pull it in, and push it all out. Just get one of those ac units that's on wheels and sits in your room.

Or move out of mom's house and get an apartment with central heating and cooling.
>>
drugs?
>>
>>1209480
Is this an old hotel converted into apartments? My father lived in a place that tried to tell him he wasnt allowed to have an AC. I told him to tell them to fuck off.
>>
You can undercut the door (take an inch or two off of the bottom) for air to pass through
>>
>>1209480
Does the house have a ducted ventilation system? if so, you can have a window fan on exhaust, and the negative pressure will pull air from other rooms through the duct system.
>>
#not growing weed
>>
File: brazzurs01.png (450KB, 494x536px) Image search: [Google]
brazzurs01.png
450KB, 494x536px
>>1209451
>>
>>1209849
second this.
Also, basically what you need to do is create negative pressure in your room. Setup a good box fan in the window that is sealed well.
You should get SOME airflow around the door, but if you want more than a hand plane and >>1209846 would probably be your best option (but only like a 1/4" off the top and bottom or it'll be too obvious).
Fans can pretty much only push air, not pull, so if you try to set one up to pull air from the hallway then the air in your room will get pushed equally out the hallway or through vents/leaky electrical covers etc along with going out the window.
if you push air out the window, then you create a relative vacuum, so air will get into your room. If door is closed etc, it may be a slow leak, but it WILL happen, because the interior of a house is less well sealed than the exterior.

Oh, also make sure your windowsill is sealed, a lot of times there is a gap around the edges of the window trim where air can enter in shitty construction/old houses where the wood has shrunk.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.