[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think its possible to sustain a no-kill goat milk dairy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1499439802713.jpg (41KB, 513x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499439802713.jpg
41KB, 513x600px
Do you think its possible to sustain a no-kill goat milk dairy on 10 acres of land?
>>
>>1208655
Of course, though if you have freezing winter with snow then you may need to supplement with some extra food. Of course it depends on what type of land and plants you have. For instance, goats don't generally eat grass. They eat that after they've eaten everything else.
>>
I worked goat dairy for 3 years, ill tell you this now cows are a fuck ton easier. Goats are cunts, good fucking luck milking them off a herringbone, unless youre willing to drop some mad cash on a rotary shed and some too tier fencing then I suggest you go with cows.
>>
>>1208657
>For instance, goats don't generally eat grass. They eat that after they've eaten everything else.

could i buy a city dump and put a bunch of goats there and have them thrive?
>>
>>1208666
Dont listen to him, goats are happy with grass. Its normally best to have a few spare paddocks that you mow and then feed out the clippings to them. Also if you have a brewery nearby ask them for some mollases and char.
But seriously dont get into goat dairy its a huge money waste unless you have 100 acres of prime grazing land, and litterally millions to spen on a shed setup.
>>
>>1208669
>>1208666
I've actually raised goats most of my life. They don't like eating just grass. This guy >>1208669 does not know what he is talking about.
>>
>>1208655
>no-kill goat milk dairy
What are you going to do with all the kids?
>>
cow milk no pregnant?
>>
>>1208726
>What are you going to do with all the kids?
Considering this is 4chan. Probably fuck em.
>>
>>1208830
This is 4chan, not r/Islam
>>
>>1208717
I know grass isnt their favourite shit, im just saying theyll eat it. The place I worked had them in sheds, we fed out twice a day with grass. Theyll get used to it, if you have them part time graising as kids.
>>
>>1209101
How unfortunate for the goats. Also, don't confuse "grass" with bales of specialized "hay".

https://fiascofarm.com/goats/feeding.htm

http://www.dummies.com/home-garden/hobby-farming/raising-goats/what-to-feed-your-goats/

https://www.noble.org/news/publications/ag-news-and-views/2000/september/using-goats-for-vegetation-management/

https://www.weedemandreap.com/what-do-goats-eat/
>>
>>1209211
I cant be assed copying and pasting, so im just going to assume youre own 3 goats and you coddle them to all fuck, thats fine you do you man. To be honest, im sure you know a fuck ton more about them then me, I just drove a tractor and pulled tits for 9 hours a day.
>>
>>1209225
I'm sorry you hate your job and feel the need to ad hominem your way out of getting ass rekt publicly.
>>
>>1208666
Yeah, the mutherfuckers will damned near eat a can to lick the label and glue off. Those mutherfuckers will be in hog heaven ina dump. Im honestly not sure why thry dont just fence off dumps and have feral goat heards in them
>>
>>1208830
Whew....
>>
>>1209225
Kek. I pull tits for an hour a week if i'm lucky ;)
>>
>>1209276
Least he has a job anon. 90% of the mutherfuckers here are basement dwealling 40 year old kissless virgins. They come here just so they can call everyone else a cuck and not get hit in the face or run out of tendies.
>>
>>1209294
>dis projection

Get a job, anon.

>>1209291
This is incorrect. Goats don't eat trash. Not ones that live for very long.
>>
>>1209294
Dont get me wrong im still a 35 year old permavirgin, having a job and house dont change that.
>>
>>1208655
Not by someone too stupid to research the MANY goat resources on the internet but instead goes to 4chin for information.
>>
>>1208655
Goats will eat fucking anything that looks green
>>
>>1209352
>Goats will eat fucking anything that looks green

The only goats I ever watched eating were pretty cool. They lived next door, but as they say, normal fences don't stop goats, so they would come over to the house we were renovating, and they'd walk around eating a few leafs off of each plant, not really harming any particular plant very much.

The crazy part is that one or more of them would be taking a dump, which for these goats meant hundreds of little pellets coming out of their ass non-stop and rolling down the brown stained fur or wool or whatever you call it on their backside.

And then they'd come in the house, because construction work usually means the door stays open, even if it's freezing. Kinda odd to be painting a wall with goats and chickens roaming around behind you.
>>
>>1209352
Will they eat marijuana?
>>
>>1210392
They eat hemp so they might
>>
>>1210392
Yep, my dads told me a story of being at a place where the owner had fucked off, there was a camo tarp and a goat beaten to death with a sledgehammer.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.