[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets talk about rebuilding old houses. Pleawe share your projects.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1491837782197.jpg (152KB, 1300x868px) Image search: [Google]
1491837782197.jpg
152KB, 1300x868px
Lets talk about rebuilding old houses. Pleawe share your projects. Ill just start with my project: I have this old farmers house with an orchard in mind. 125k. The roof and water had already been redone professionally. Wall insulation is non existant. Windows are new. Most generic houses here start at 300k. I worked construction before and layed carpet. I am a decent woodworker and did most basic stuff around the house, like electricity etc.
>>
Feel free to post pictures, anon.
>>
>>1208060
This picture is exactly how I designed my dream house to be other than I only had one wall sketched out, and I planned on having a swimming pool instead of just a pond.
>>
File: IMG_20170713_173239232_HDR.jpg (3MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170713_173239232_HDR.jpg
3MB, 4608x2592px
Pic related is the back of the house
>>
>>1209143

i'd rejoin those walls, that's what we did on ours, just start with small sections. Get the old paste out with a pneumatic pick, pressure wash teh dirt out, scoop new paste in, wait for it to be sort of dry (stop putting new paste when that happens where you started) and brush the sections with a metal wire brush so the faces of the rock protrude, and then brush it with a normal broom to smoothen it up. stands out
>>
>>1209159
What kind if rock were those stones made of?
>>
>>1208060
looks like you may have some flooding issues.
>>
>>1209269
The real estate lady called it maritime charme.
>>
Fuck me I need this. It just need some fish and turtles
Whay have you done to me OP?
>>
>>1208060
Cleaning that seems like a bitch
>>
>>1210807
when it works and you have a 100% balanced environment, it mostly stays clean and the fish do the work for you. When it don't, fish all ded, and you stand there forlorny with a net, listening to the wife saying 'told you fishwalls is a bloody stupid idea, but, no..'
>>
>>1210816
Can confirm. My dad tried at least half a dozen times to get a koi pond going. Everytime it failed, my mom rubbed it in his face for a few weeks.
>>
>>1210829
Your mom is a fish murderer, anon.
>>
>>1210848
My dad wasn't too bright. I don't think my mom needed to sabotage him. One of the times, he used bleach to try and kill the algae in the pond. It didn't end well for the fish...
>>
>>1210849
He did his research beforehand, a wise man I see.
>>
>>1212176
Yeah, he was a good man. He passed a few years ago in an unfortunate caulking incident.
>>
>>1212177
Sorry to hear that.
You probably had a great time with him, since all the goofyness and such.

Remember them for their good doings, you know
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.