[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So anyways, I heard about how weighted blankets help you sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: riceblanket.jpg (52KB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
riceblanket.jpg
52KB, 300x165px
So anyways, I heard about how weighted blankets help you sleep maybe. I wanted to try this out, but invest the minimum is doing so.

I found a guide online that suggests filling ziplock bags with rice then duct taping the whole thing shut, as per pic related.

My main two questions are:

1) To keep it cheap, rice and sand seem to be the cheapest fillers. But they both necessitate plastic so they don't absorb moisture/leak. Aside from ziplock bags, what would be a good durable and sealable plastic that would also be blanket friendly? (I will be putting a fabric sleeve over the finished product)
OR
Is there a fabric that would contain sand/rice and minimize its water contact, such as maybe nylon?

2) Duct tape smells. Are there superior tapes or ways to seal/connect the plastic, that again, remains airtight and durable?
>>
>>1207850
Go to the local cheap shit store (Walmart, etc) and buy a set of strap weights. They are filled with small weighted bags. Maybe put some layers of duck tape to make them more durable.

>Duct tape smells
Don't buy cheap duck tape. I'm not saying you need to spend $15 a roll or anything but I've never had a problem with 3M brand duck tape and it is a bit more expensive than the normal stuff.
>>
Why not bypass the tape and stitch the bags into fabric pockets?
>>
>>1207968
>>1207855
He should use cheap tape just to see if it is worth it. If he doesn't like it, not much work would be done or materials lost.

You'd need to use 2 bags, one fitted over the other. The inner bag would have its top facing the bottom of the outer bag. Then you fold the outer bag's top over and tap it down.
>>
>>1207850
why not just sleep under a pile of bricks
>>
>>1207850
This has to be the most autistic thing since ASMR
>>
Make a blanket out of thrift store jeans/denim, it will be heavy.
>>
>>1208143
>Hey guys listening to chicks unwrapping stuff is just as autistic as trying to replicate what hospitals do to make all patients sleep better

So you went on a blue board, without reading up on the subject, and then starting spewing what you think are good insults?

Man it really is summer in here.
>>
>>1208201
Not him, but this IS the most autistic thing.

My brother is a fucking autistic spaz. 23 years ago mom bought a weighted blanket for him when he was 4. Weighted blankets, lap pads, and shoulder shrouds have been marketed for the retards, autistic and downies for over 30 or 40 years.
>>
File: britain_comfy94ujrht.jpg (468KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
britain_comfy94ujrht.jpg
468KB, 1600x1200px
>>1208201
>Man it really is summer in here.

I fucking love summer. My body cannot handle cold weather.
>>
>>1207850
if you are having trouble sleeping op perhaps you should look into the cause rather than treat the symptoms.
new age blankets are all made of space age materials. buy some old shitty aids covered blankets from a second hand shop or a car boot sale or something, they used to be much heavier.

>>1208143
if it turns out you are actually a retarded spastic buy some ratchet straps and get someone to strap you down at night. or bungee cords you could do yourself probably. also get one of those padded retard helmets to stop you hitting yourself
>>
>>1207850
just fill condoms with rice, or for a better texture, spaghetti
>>
File: my sides.gif (44KB, 226x176px) Image search: [Google]
my sides.gif
44KB, 226x176px
>>1208237
>>1208243
jesus
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.