[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any cheap and easy ways to cut vinyl records? I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: vinyylilevy.jpg (832KB, 402x403px) Image search: [Google]
vinyylilevy.jpg
832KB, 402x403px
Are there any cheap and easy ways to cut vinyl records? I want to do something fun out of a box of unplayable records. Tried heating 'em in the oven and cutting with scissors, but I got stuck on the label. Wishing to spend as little money as possible.
>>
>>1207644

water jet
wont melt the the vinyl likr a laser cutter would. wont crack the vinyl like scissors will

next time google this shit
>>
>>1207673
Is this really an affordable thing you can do at home?
>>
>>1207688
You mean you don't have a water jet at your house?
Pff, man you are missing out.
>>
>>1207644
Angle grind it after you hit it with your purse
>>
This is what hacksaws and jigsaws were invented for.
You can probably pick up a junior hacksaw and a few spare blades for under £10 ($13) have at it.
>>
hot wire or soldering iron with cutting tip
>>
>>1207776
This. You can find diy wire cutter instructions online.
>>
>>1207776
I've got a soldering iron, but no tips for it. Probably will head out looking for those, or maybe make one myself later. Btw, how do you think the hot knife will act when cutting the label?
>>
File: 31TFF4Q7SPL.jpg (12KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
31TFF4Q7SPL.jpg
12KB, 500x244px
>>1207921
depending on the type, you could try making one

something like this http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Hot-Knife-using-a-soldering-iron/
or pound one end of a nail/wire flat and form an edge

>cutting the label
not sure about that, but you could always score it first

worst come to worst and it completely fails, pic related would probably be the next best thing
>>
>>1207925
Saw might be my thing, since I'm looking to cut straight lines only. Gladly I've got many records to practice on.
>>
>>1207926
>cut straight lines only
you already tried just scoring and snapping with a utility knife, yes?
>>
>>1207927
Yes. Had some success, but I'm looking for easier ways since I'm going to be cutting around 40-60 LP's into four sections each. Also the knife wandered off the line too easily.
>>
>>1207940
use some narrow pieces of wood to use as straight edges/guides

I have other ideas, but it wouldn't necessarily be cheap
>>
Tomorrow I'll be trying out a few different saws I borrowed, and seeing if I can modify my soldering iron. Hopefully some of them will do at least a decent job.
>>
>>1207926
if you are only cutting straight lines, use a razor knife to score the vinyl and then snap it at the score line... why bother with saws and soldering irons

shit son
>>
Really hot pizza cutter?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.